Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brisutterfield

PLC 5 Channel 0 serial communication

8 posts in this topic

Is there any way to tell what type of serial comunication channel 0 is using without having to pull the processor out of the chasis and check the dip switches. is there a status file I can check?

I don't see anywhere in channel config or the status file where you can determine that. But here's a thought.. Since the bank of DIP switches is visible from the battery compartment (or directly below it), maybe with the careful use of a flashlight and/or mirror, you'll be able to see what position they're in while the processor is still in the chassis.

You can check in status file ( S:2 ) of RsLogix 5 the type of configuration of the comm port and switch.

In My manual I can see DH+ status but not how channel 0 is set up eg RS232 or RS422 This is what I guess brisutterfield is after.

This is all I see in the one I'm connected to right now: (PLC-5/40, series E) Edited by gravitar

Go down to channel configuration and see what Channel 0 reads for you

This is my channel configuration screen. If there's something there that I'm not seeing, you're gonna have to lead me right to it, I guess!

you have to verify in the DIp swithes only it will not show in rslogix