Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GMS

Chinese Made S7-200 "CN"

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am working on a machine recently shipped from China. The PLC is an "S7-226 CN" connected to a TP178B touch screen. I discovered that this Siemens hardware is intended for sale & use in China only. All the part numbers correspond to the usual ones except that all Chinese made gear ends with an '8', hence TP178. When I try and download the program block to the PLC, it aborts saying that the instruction mnemonics are invalid. When I change the language on Micro/WIN to Chinese, it works ! I would've thought the PLC would actually care about the language settings? Any ideas anyone ?

Never seen or heard of that before... Didn't know they made special products for different markets.

Prompted by GMS' post, I did a search and indeed there is special chinese version of the S7-200 and the TP177micro (TP178). They are on Siemens chinese website, but they are trying to hide them by so you cannot find them when you view the sites in english language. They have f.ex. both S7-226 and S7-226CN. As I cannot read chinese, I cannot tell what the difference is between the two.

You do not understand chinese? Edited by s7xp.com

Yes, if you want to use a CPU22X CN you have to switch to Chinses language, it's was told by Siemens Chinese home page, it's seemed 10% cheaper than normal version