Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad1

Directsoft32 instructions similar to RSLogix 500

12 posts in this topic

I am working on DirectSOft 32 software for a DL405 processor. I am looking for similar functions to the RSLogix 500 CR1(control relay) and output bit that can be used in different locations to control multiple functions. I want to enable a output bit(not use a output from the output card) and use that in other locations of the program. In RSLogix I will turn on output bit b3:0 and then insert a xic relay with the address of b3:0. Edited by mad1

Hello Mad1, Spend the money and buy the manual, I am not just being a smart a$$, their manuals are very good, or you can down load it for free, but... B3:x/x----C Look at these they are the same (I think)

I don't know if it will help but I have summarized some of the differences between AB and AutomationDirect PLCs here.

Pages 3-40 thru 3-42 on the online manual show the instructions. Thanks for the pictures! Edited by mad1

Sure, Make sure you go to Bernie's site there is some very good information on it also check out AD's forum

I had be wondering if that was Bernie or not

What is the function to reset the value of a timer, I want to reset this to zero after the timer has reached a specified value? Is this accomplished by loading a value into the timer accumulated value? I changed the instruction to a "TMRA",k30.On the reset line I inserted a equal to relational contact set to TA30. The issue here is that the reset line is active at the start of the program, thus the timer will not start timing? Edited by mad1

I didn't do a comparsion, but I did a FIRST EXPERIENCE article the first time I ever programmed one: http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...;id=74&c=34 Makes for some interesting reading...

I'm not exactly sure what your saying here, but I'm going to guess. Are you saying that you have a timer TMRAxxx ( put the address numbers where the lowercase xxx) and the preset is 30 (K30)? Or are you saying you have TMRA30 and you put a equal relational contact(---Ta30=Kxxx--) on the reset line? Remember that an accumulating timer uses two Vmems, two for the timer and two for the accumulator. So you can't use a regular relational contact for an accumulating timer. Vaughn Edited by milldrone

That was a interesting article! I have installed a analog input module, F4-08AD, in slot 2 of the backplane. I want to connect a potentiometer to CH1 input. How to I label the "LD" instruction that I want to insert into my program? Exam: LD TA200

Go here; Analog manual and copy one of the examples starting on page 14 into your program. Change the addresses to match with your card, depends on the position in the rack and what other cards you are using. Then you're done.

Have'nt been around much, so this might be late....but this is how I have done it, there are several ways that it can be done You start your timer with c50, then set ta25 to your value, you would have to add more logic to make it better but I think you can get the idea...