Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geek

ALM/ERR LED BLINKING

11 posts in this topic

Hi All, I need help. An omron plc i'm working on has a blinking ALM/ERR led. I got some information from the NET and the manual of SYSWIN that it's caused by an FAL instruction. I checked the program and there is no FAL instruction. the value of the FAL under system status when i go online is 19. What could cause this problem and how do i clear it. Thank you.

What is the PLC model number. What support tools do you have, just Syswin? Hand held controller?

are you sure the FAL number is 19 (typical user generated)

The model is C28H. I have both syswin and the hand help programmer but so far i've only used syswin. I'm sure about the fal number of 19. is there any way the fal number can be set without the fal instruction? can u directly write to SR253? Thanks

The most common FAL system error is FAL 9E. Are you sure that the FAL number is 19? Sounds like more than a coincidence.

My suggestion would be to plug in the handheld. It should show you the Alarm/Error code when it starts up, if I remember correctly.

What about the battery for the PLC ... is it dying ?

Yes, you are right. The fal number is 9E not 19. I'm not too sure of the battery but it hasn't been changed for over 6 years. What does this error mean. Thanks

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=644

Error code 9E is most commonly caused by Checksum Error in the Parameter Area (DM 0900 to DM 0929) or Parameter Backup Area (DM 1900 to DM 1929). Try to execute System Command using AR14.15. First Force Set AR14.15 Set AR14 (Word) to 0100 (Since AR14.15 is Force Set, the initial value in AR14 will probably be 8000) Clear the forcing of AR14.15 Now the error should be cleared.

Thanks, I will try your procedure to clear the error and get back. I've downloaded the manual from the link too. Thank you all.