Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mac_g3

SLC 5/04 communications

6 posts in this topic

Hello All. I have two SLC500 PLC with 5/04 processors. The PLC communicates between them via DH+ network at speed 57,6 kbds. I have a notebook with RSLogix 500 connected to the RS232 port ofthe first PLC. I want to know if it is possible to get a pass though function between the DF1 port and the DH+ on the first PLC, to get a communication with the second PLC through DH+, to read/write datas,and online programming. Any helps greatly appreciated. Greetings from France, Stéphane.

Yes. You can enable the DH+ Passthrough bit S:34/5 in the Status file of one of the SLC controllers, then change the Device Type in your RSLinx DF1 Full Duplex driver to "1770-KF2/1785-KE".
1 person likes this

Get step by step instrucions from Ron B. (with photos) at this LINK

You can also find help from the AB website if you search for Pass Through. I worked one project with this and it was great. If you dont' save your settings you have to fight the connection next time you try to hook up. It's more complicated if you are trying to talk someone through it over the phone. Once you get it configured it works great. I have the pdf but I'm not currently logged into our server. I'll try to get it on later.

As Ken said: SLC504DF1toDH_PassThru.pdf

Hello All. Thanks for yours answer. Then, i make your tip with set to true the S:34/5 bit in the Status file of one of the SLC controllers and change the Device Type RSLinx DF1 Full Duplex driver to "1770-KF2/1785-KE". It works fine, and now i can "see" and access to the second PLC through DH+. Very thanks for your help, Greetings from France, Stéphane.