Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I Believe I can Fly

Any restriction on Ladder lines in one Routine?

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, Could anyone tell me if there're any restrictions on the ladder lines in one routine of ControlLogix? I know it must be 32 tasks for one project, 32 programs for one task, no limitation on routines for one program as long as the memory is sufficient, but i cann't find the information on ladder lines restriction in one routine. Is it still unlimited? Thanks a lot! Edited by I Believe I can Fly

data from technote for Clx http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 Multiple outputs can be programmed on a rung; Outputs can be in sequence on the same rung (serial) or Outputs can be interlaced with inputs as long as the last instruction is an output. The ladder logic evaluates the instruction based on the rung condition preceding the instruction (rung-in-condition): Based on the rung-condition-in the controller set the rung-condition-out. This rung-condition-out affects any subsequent instructions. The sequential instruction set is similar to the PLC-5 instruction set with the addition of the GSV/SSV instructions. Timer timebase is 1 millisecond. Eg, for a 2 second time, enter 2000 for the preset value. Total number of instructions per rung is unlimited, determined only by the available processor memory. The Maximum number of "Nested" branches = 7 Levels Deep

Yes, as far as I know, the number of rungs per routine is limited only by available memory in logix controllers.