Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

Converting STL to ladder

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have tried to translate some STL code to ladder to make it easier for me to understand but I'm not sure I've correctly interpreted the STL code. Could you have a look and tell me if (and probably where) my mistakes are? Sorry for the fuzzy images - haven't figured out how to create nice sharp ones yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Network 1/2 delete everything after the counter Q output and instead put the two contacts in series onto the R input of the counter. Network 3/4 You have the IN1 and IN2 the wrong way around, the way you have it is 320>=c16, the original was c16>=320. The reason C16 is red is because it is not in the correct format, you would need to either turn of the format checking or create another variable as an integer and place it in network 2 at the counter output CV and use this variable in place of counter c16 in network 4.

An alternative to Groo's suggestion about putting the two contacts at the R input, try to split network 1 into 2 networks like this: Network 1: A M 1.2 A Q 14.0 CU C 16 Network 2: A M 58.7 A I 27.2 R C 16 Then switch to LAD, and the two networks translate fine.

Thanks to both of you for your help. It's now done and works fine!