Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuttsNutts

WindowMaker bug? Ver 9.5.001 1101.0600.0018.0001

6 posts in this topic

Hiyo, We have two identical PCs running InTouch as development machines but one of them has thrown a wobbler. I use SmartSymbols on both machines and frankly, we are developing the same App on both machines (big job - 100+ windows). Anyhows, the problem we have noticed is that on one machine when we double-click on a SmartSymbol we have used on a window, up it pops and the list of tags used in the SmartSymbol is populated. On the other machine, it is blank. However, the search & replace function works fine although again the list of tags remains "unpopulated" upon double-clicking on the SmartSymbol. Right-Clicking on the SmartSymbol and selecting <Substitute ----> Substitute Tags> will list all of the tags contained both before and after the search & replace. What I have tried: 1) Downloaded and installed Service Pack 1 2) Copying the contents of the C:\Wonderware\InTouch directory from the "good" PC to the "bad" PC. 3) Reinstalling InTouch I am thinking that now it is not specifically an InTouch problem, moreso the way InTouch works with Windows and possibly there is a registry error . Anyone know of any pointers to help? MuttsNuts (I really am <grin>) Ooops. HALT! I have found the solution! (Bloody Hell, after a few days, I come on here and within seconds have a gander at the InTouch KnowledgeBase which points me to that which I suspected) Cabbage moment over. Ok, here is the solution: Regedit --------> HKEY_CURRENT_USER------> Software -----> InTouch -----> SmartSymbol -----> Properties. The Column 0, Column 1 and Column 2 values were set to Zero (compared with other PC which had values like 10f, 5c and 10f). Dunno why but setting these to the same value as the "good" PC has solved the problem.

Oh-er! Happened again today. Just out of the blue, just after clicking on a SmartSymbol, Windows did report "An internal error occurred while initialising Archestra A attribute browser. Archestra A IDE version 2.0 or higher must be installed on this node." Click [OK] (because after all, I'm not getting the [Oh sorry, I will fix this at once] button) and then ya get another error message complaining "Symbol cannot be found in Symbol Library, use the recover option to bring the symbol back to the Symbol Library." Ah well, a wee trip to the registry later and Ta-Da! Begone nasty message, welcome back SmartSymbol (so lovingly crafted and fine tuned to become the slick bit of software the likes of only myself can appreciate). Right, coffee time. Adios fer now.

I didnot understand how window maker allow you to open same project twice in the same time!!?

We ran two seperate development machines. I worked on one part of the project and another chap worked on another part of the project. We'd designate one as the master and all changes were saved or exported to that computer. Just a way of reducing development time on the project.

Did you resolve your problem? I have a site within our company that runs Intouch 9.5 Sometimes in order to resolve problems you may have to save your application and remove then reload Intouch or even the operating system if the windows registry has gotten corrupted.

Yes I did. A patch from the Wonderware website helped resolve this. Thanks.