Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REVMARK

Pulse an output

7 posts in this topic

I have a open center valve that I turn off the extend sol. when it is in position. And when the process is done I need to turn the extend sol. back on. My problem is that when I do this the cylinder takes off at light speed (just joking) but it takes off fast. I would like to pulse the retract sol. to get air back in the cylinder and then turn on the extend sol. Has anyone done this before. ( I tried a closed center valve and I don't like the results I get from it) Help and Thanks

I'm sorry to say that pulsing the valve won't help you out much when the power to the sol. drops out the valve will shift back to center and dump all the air back out. i would try a vavle that in the center position that p&t are blocked and a&b are tied togather

how about a simple flow control?

I agree. If you want to control the extend speed, this is the traditional way to do it. If you need full speed extend in some cases and a slow extend too, then a 2-way solenoid in parallel with the flow control should do the trick. Pick a NO or NC solenoid to suit your preferred failure mode.

Something that could help is on this pneumatic cylinder meter the flow in the cylinder not out or a surge can occur. Thats my 2 cents. Edited by J&J Machinery

i was taught that you always control the flow on the exhaust side

i was taught that you always control the flow on the exhaust side