Chris Elston

Factory Talk RS Enterprise, Historian, a NET-ENI and SLC 5/03

5 posts in this topic

I am running a Windows 2003 R2 Server with RS Bizware, Historian, and Plantmetric installed. I've got a basic report setup. I created four device short cuts in Factory Talk. Two of them are Compact Logix One is a ML11000 and the last one is a pain in the rump... A SLC 5/03 connected DF1, to a NET-ENI module. I had the connection to the SLC 5/03 this morning, but I've lost it...and now I can seem to get Historian to see the device short cut I've created. I've got the device short cut created in Factory Talk, and it point to "holding and highlighting" the NET-ENI module ICON, but when I got into Historian, I only see THREE PLCs, instead of FOUR that I created in Factory Talk. Is there some issue with RS Enterprise not able to talk to a NET-ENI ? SLC 5/03? I had it working this morning, then now it's gone. I've rebooted the servers twice, rebooted the NET -ENI. I can browse the NET -ENI using internet explorer, I can PING the NET -ENI, I can go online with the SLC 5/03 using RS Linx Classic, and RS 500...but for whatever reason, I've got that short cut created in Factory Talk under RS Enterprize, and Historian nor Plantmetric can see or will allow me to drill down into the PLC like it does for the Compact Logix PLCs. I can configure tags to the TWO compact Logix, and the ONE ML1100, no problems... What gives? I can get some screen shots maybe tomorrow.

What series ENI you got? What software version?

Fix It... TW: It's a series D ENI. FIX: Here's what happened. RS Enterprise saw the ENI as just an ENI, not the SLC 5/03. (Happens in RS Linx all the time if you have RS Enterprise and RS Linx services running at the same time.) Stop your configuration (Historian, Plantmetrics). Stops all services. RSSQL. Go to Factory Talk, RS Enterprize, Connections, then on devices, STOP BROWSING. click on the NET-ENI ICON if it exists. Delete it. Add a new device, find the SLC 5/03 under ENI Devices. Add the SLC manually with the correct IP address or same IP address as the ENI. Start Browsing. SLC 5/03 ICON should remain in the list. Create a new device shortcut, then highlight the new SLC 5/03 ICON. Start your configuration. Restarts all services. (Historian, Plantmetrics, RSSQL) Then go back into Historian, and you should be able to drill down into the SLC. (Create data point tags etc) Basically RS Enterprise freaked out, and found the SLC 5/03 as a ENI, and would not expose the SLC 5/03, so you have to manually add it to RS Enterprise. Now I have an issue with the ML 1100. Which I have never been able to get working.... I have a ML 1100 created as a device short cut in Factory Talk, and I can see the device short cut in Historian, but when I try and expand the "ONLINE" folder underneath the ML1100, I get nothing. It will not expose the memory map of the ML1100. Is the ML1100 support under RS Enterprise? Is there some special setting I need to turn on or adjust some time out? I am getting an event log everytime I try and click on the "ONLINE" folder. Here is the error: Local PCCC error 0x10 browsing [Micrologix_1100] That error is captured in the Factory Talk Event Viewer.

Nevermind...I found my own solution. I had to call support...man...They had a document that is INTERNAL not found in knowledge base yet. Well maybe they will make it public. Basically you can not browse the tags, but you can MANUALLY create them or access them using the format below. You can test the connection using the factory talk live test client tool in Start / programs / rockwell / factory talk tools. Document ID: 32574. Here is what it says: Unable to browse or add OPC items using the RSOPC Gateway and RSLinx Enterprise from a MicroLogix 1100. Question Unable to browse or add OPC items using the RSOPC Gateway and RSLinx Enterprise from a MicroLogix 1100 Answer Problem: Unable to browse OPC tags using the RSOPC Gateway and RSLinx Enterprise from a MicroLogix 1100 (ML 1100). Neither the OPC Test Client, nor the Rockwell Software Data Client, is able to add tags from a MicroLogix 1100, regardless if we try to browse or add the tags manually. Third party OPC Clients will experience the same issue as well. Verify: 1. Please make sure that the processor is not faulted with a solid red LED 2. Make sure the controller is able to respond to a ping command executed from the computer where RSLinx Enterprise is installed. 3. If possible, Verify that RSLinx Classic Single Node, OEM, Professional, or Gateway with at least Version 2.50.00.20 (CPR7) is able to browse and add items from the same MicroLogix 1100 controller. Cause: RSLinx Enterprise does not formally support the MicroLogix 1100. New MicroLogix 1100 Data Files such as RI, Routing Information, are not recognized by RSLinx Enterprise 4.00 (CPR7) Workaround: Browsing tags in a ML 1100 is not possible with RSLinx Enterprise 4.00 (CPR 7). However, you should be able to add the tags manually using the following syntax ::[ML1100]N7:0. Double colons in front of the Shortcut between square brackets are necessary even when using a third party OPC Client or the OPC Test Client. ML1100 is the Shortcut name configured for the MicroLogix 1100 in RSLinx Enterprise and N7:0 is the item we are trying to read or write to. Solution: This is scheduled to be fully resolved in the CPR 9 release of RSLinx Enterprise Catalog Number: 1763-L16AWA;1763-L16BBB;1763-L16BWA;1763-MM1;1763-NC01;9355WAB DocFullNum: P135259972 Revision:CPR 7 Fixed in Revision: Package: Module: DISCLAIMER This knowledge base web site is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this web site is not intended to constitute application, design, software or other professional engineering advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action, which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR ACCURACY OF ANY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS "AS IS." IN NO EVENT SHALL ROCKWELL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF ROCKWELL AUTOMATION HAVE BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED IN RESPECT OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not countenance the exclusion of implied warranties; thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.

Hi sir,

Iam facing an issue somewhat similar to what you got above.I was using Factory talk view 10.0,communicating with slc 5/03 processors via factory talk linx.

Issue was like,only 16kL532) processor was showing online tags n data  getting into SCADA,for 32k processor (L533),i was able to see the plc node,but nothing coming to SCADA.I tried adding plcs manually n nothing happened.

don't know what iam missing out.

plz help me..