Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

Flash switchboard

12 posts in this topic

I am sure you will all enjoy this switchboard. It is running a swimming pool!!! Not even an RCD in site and an absolutely top class installation!!! Pretty obvious why the fire extinguisher has been provided and I just love where they have run the liquid chlorine pipes!!!

Are those contactors just hanging out in space or are they just screwed down crooked? You should add those to the gallery.

The boards were probably installed by a simliar electrician like below..

I was not game to get close enough to find out. The plant is still running. By the way, did you like the resistors for the old primary resistance starter? At least they were mounted high up so as not too overheat everything in the panel. Seen that done before Sleepy and even worse. Saw one guy connecting stuff live in a thunderstorm with a tea towel over the connections to stop MOST of the water hitting the terminations.

I like the way some of the conduit is coming in to the top of the box, looks like they just stuffed the conduit in a hole.

Why even use flex conduit when you could simply pop 3 core orange flex straight in.. argh!

It looks like that is the only part that is original OEM - the wires are straight and the bends are sharp 90s. Everything else has been kludged later.

I almost missed the duct tape used to cover up an old switch or push button hole. At least the other switches are labeled! Edited by robh

Still I think I would have less problems with it then our washing machine LOL

That looks more like the scrap wire bin at a shop where I used to work.

That duct taped hole just happens to be the best sealed up part of the panel.

And let me guess.. whoever owns that lovely system doesn't see any reason to spend any $$ on improvements because it's "working"..