Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevinprior

SCADA On a SLC 5/04

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking to do some downtime analysis on one of our production lines, so I can display, amount of downtime, length of faults, downtime in last hour etc for each individual machine. All of the machines have SLC 5/04 controlling them with another 5/04 controlling the conveyor system, all connected via DH+, with a PV+ temrminal also on DH+ My plan was to use the conveyor system PLC (as this is the most common to them all) and via message functions from each machine time the stoppages and downtime. I want to display an hour by hour analysis for the machines but this will have to be in time with the production line clocks, my main concern is getting drifts in time as this will then render the process useless as the downtime will be recorded hourly. Is there anyway to syncronise the clock in the SLC? I know about the set time and date function when you have a laptop connected, but I will not have a laptop connected all the time. Perhaps a timeclock which triggers an input to the PLC to move a known value into the PLC clock. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or better ways please feel free to comment. Thanks

Since the network having PV+, by developing separate screen in the pV+ for RTC sync with PLCS Can have many option like sync PV RTCto all plc sync PV RTC to one selected plc sync Entry to all plc sync Entry to one selected plc

That sounds interesting, how do you sync the RTC on the PV+ with the PLC?

you can adjust the through the terminal setting transfer this information to all controllers in the program you can get the PV RTC in system tags