Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

RS View Studio Uploaded *.MER files

6 posts in this topic

I forget, someone help me remember.... if I've got a Panel View Plus, and I upload the MER application file, I won't be able to bring that into RS Studio and edit it directly will I? Panel View Plus is NOT the same as we use to be able to do with the old PanelBuilder32 application correct? I've got to have the orginal factory talk directory files to edit an application file in RS Studio correct? Then create another MER application file when finished with my edits right?

There is a backdoor method from the .mer file....... Never tried it but remember the post. Refer to post #5 ------ http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=9993&hl= To un-archive the MER file follow these easy steps: 1. Upload MER file from PanelView. 2. Double click on the project with the MER extension. RS View ME Station will start. 3. As long as RS View ME Station is running (even if an error is shown) it un-archives the project to: C:\Documents and Settings\<login username>\Local Settings\Temp\~MER.00 Replace <login username> with your login details. Edited by TechJunki

No guarantees on getting all of the information out of the MER files that was used to create it. I believe you'll find many things missing. Just remember that the MER file is a runtime file and to properly transport the application between machines or as deliverables to the customer. use the "Archive" and "Restore" options out of the Application Manager.

By doing this method the alarm information will not be recovered

We used this method successfully...many thanks to those who provided the know-how... How_to_Upload_a_Panelview_Plus_app.doc

Preview of coming attractions...The .mer to .med file conversion feature will be included in the next release of RSView ME. The developer will then be able to decide whether a .mer file is unprotected (can be converted), password protected, or locked (.mer files cannot be converted. The caveat...This will only work with runtime files created in the latest version of the software, backwards compatibility (v.4.0 and earlier) files will not be able to be converted unless you use the methods described earlier in the post.