Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

RSView32 Communication with UIC

7 posts in this topic

hello thr all PLC ppl i have a SLC 5/02 system to which i am communicating my PC via a 1747-UIC USB interface converter(as my PC has no COM port). I am able to go online to the SLC in RSLogix500 by using the UIC and it is operating normally,no problems with that point. But when i try to communicate my RSView32 SCADA which is on the same Computer i dont get any values of the SLC in the RSView32. I have properly made the Channel configuration and then Node configuration in RSView32. I use the direct driver for communication in the node editor of RSView32. I finish my configuration and then Run the SCADA to find that i am not getting any values in the SCADA. One of the common mistake that ppl make that they run RSLinx Lite which runs ur PLC program but not SCADA. But in my case i have RSLinx Gateway,so i think thats not the problem. I have RSLinx Classic Gateway ver 2.5. When i observed it carefully then i noticed that when i run the SCADA while loading any new graphic screen it shows momentarily the Animation on the graphics and then again greys out(the same what happens whn no communication is there). Then i configured a Local OPC topic for the SLC and tried to communicate it then also its showing the same results. i would be very helpful if anybody helps me out of this problem,it has become very urgent now thanks in advance Regards Nilesh

hi Nilesh Controller node number in the rsview node editor is same as actual? always browse for node address in the rsview node editor it will lead to rslinx select the node do you want

yes i make it sure that i select the SLC by browsing it from the browse utility which is there in the node editor utility in the RSView32

enable the node in the node editor? channel communication has the driver as in rslinx?

what about this channel communication has the driver as in rslinx?

u mean that dropdown menu in channel editor? ya im selecting the same driver in the channel dropdown menu the one which i have configured in rslinx for SLC communication