Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramaslabas

Sea aquarium

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, Do somebody made project for big sea aquarium parameters control automatisation. My client want to have realy big sea aquarium and it is impossible to control all the procceses inside without PLC. Do somebody has some experience? Thanks in advance. OOPS dear admins please move this topic to The lounge RL

Moved I have no experience with projects such as this but what are some of the control requirements?

A guy at one of the shops I do work for is a saltwater fish fanatic.. He was talking about using a controller to automate the process controls for his fish tanks. He decided on the "Ocelot" controller. I'm not sure if he has ordered any hardware or done any experimentation with it yet, I will ask the next time I'm over there. http://www.appdig.com/ocelot.html My question is, what do you need to monitor and what do you need to control, and what sensors and actuators would you need to do it with? It seems to me that picking the controller would be the "easy" and maybe even the "cheap" part.. It's the I/O that would be the tricky and/or expensive part!

Agreed. I quoted a life support system recently for all sorts of sea creatures at Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney Ozz. Missed the job but I was going to use 9 Omron CJ1 PLCs networked together on Controller Link with Citect SCADA system over the top. Recipes and all sorts of nice things.