Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddevins

pv100/RSView Studio 4.00 questions

3 posts in this topic

Am about done with prgram in ME for a panelview plus 1000DH+, SLC 5/04. When pressing an object, have an HOA popup screen that comes up to control the object. When pressing the 2nd object, a second popup HOA screen pops up on top of the first popup. I want the first HOA popup screen to disappear when the second popup comes up. How do I do that. I believe it's a check box but cannot find it. Second, I have date and time on screen. Can I delete seconds from showing on the clock?? Used the "object"---"drawing"----"text" date and time choice. Last, there are many examples for control logic and PLC5 for lost comms between PV+ 1000 and PLC, but not for SLC processor. Anyone have standard sample logic for this??? Any comments and/or assistance appreciated. Thanks a lot, DD

I think what you want is the first popup to be an "On Top" type display, and the second one to be a "Replace" type display. On the time.... if you're displaying it as a string, I think you have to see the whole thing. Maybe you could plop a square of background-color on top of the Seconds field if you want. The other option is to make a Text display with embedded variables corresponding to the clock elements you do want. There's a Pre-Defined Item in RSLinx Enterprise called "@IsPresent" that will let you display on a screen the link status between the PV+ and a controller. On the controller, I think you'll use the DH+ Active Node Table (I'd have to look to be certain that's present in an SLC-5/04) to detect that the PV+ is still communicating with the controller. I'll be around a little this weekend; drop me a PM or e-mail if you want to trade opinions on your RSView ME application.

Thanks Ken, I may send you an email later with a couple of questions. I'm going to look around the prgram and see what I can do from your response. I'm not going to worry about the seconds on the clock. It's minor and I have more important issues to tackle to finish this. I need to make sure there is comms loss indication on the main screen, that the current HOA popups disappear when a second, third, etc are on the screen. I can only have one there at a time. Thanks for now. DD