Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuck

PanelView 600

17 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm trying to setup a new PanelView 600 2711-T6C5L1X B F 4.46 I'm trying to connect directly to PC with PanelBuilder 32 and down load an application. I'm having problems communicating with panelview. The panelview is setup for DH485 using the RS232 port. I've tried every transfer type DF1, direct point to point and always get same errors to check cables and make sure printer port is disabled. I'm using a 2711-NC13 cable right from panelview to PC. Am I using the wrong cable?

First are you trying to communicate through the printer port? This does not work on the DH-485 models. You must configure a DH-485 driver to communicate with the Panelview Also are you using real serial port or a USB? I'm not sure you will be able to communicate with a USB to serial adaptor

2711-T6C5L1X B F 4.46 Has only one port(protocal Dh485 port rs2323) this model don't have printer port If you are using NC13 in serial port in the PC use 1747-PIC/AIC+ device driver in rslinx If you are UIC with NC13 use AB-DF1 driver in rslinx make sure your serial port is not used by any other software

rpraveenkum Thanks yes that worked... I'm using NC13 in serial port on my PC and I used the 1747-PIC/AIC driver in RS Linx. Where did you discover this information, I searched for days? again thanks.

Heh.. that's just one of those dumb A-B comms quirks that people only find out through pain and suffering :) The driver in Linx should say "Generic DH485 protocol driver" because the PIC and/or AIC+ isn't necessarily needed. Your computer doesn't know or care if there's a PIC attached, it just spits packets out on the transmit line and expects something to spit packets back at it on the recieve line. In the case of a "5" panelview (2711-xxx5), no additional electrical conversion is needed. Now on the other hand, if you had a "2" panelview (2711-xxx2), you would need the PIC to convert the signal from RS232 to RS485. The comms protocol (and therefore the RSLinx driver) stays the same. Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks rpraveenkum, I learned so far that Allen Bradley will test your wits. I have now written my panelview program and downloaded to panelview. Now I'm trying to connect panelview to Micrologix 1200, I see in manual I need a 2711-NC21 cable to connect from panelview to Micrologix 1200. My question is do I need to set up micrologix to communicate with panelview? or once I connect the 2711-NC21 I should automatically communicate? thanks

communication will be automatic when baudrate matches both processor with PV & node ID should me unique

I hope it is that easy, I don't have the 2711-NC21 cable. does anyone know for sure if this is the pin-out. I attached a picture. I'm going to make a cable tonight. I have my panelview terminal set to node 2 and my Micrologix 1200 set to node 1. Edited by chuck

[humour on] Try Siemens, then sometimes you will beat your head against a brick wall!!! [/humour off]

Here the pinout: 2711_NC21_and_2711_NC22_cables_for_the_PanelView.pdf

Thanks for the pin out information. I made cable and now I'm communication with PanelView 600 and MicroLogix 1200. Thanks to All

Buenas tengo una duda no puedo establecer comunicación entre mi panel view 700 y mi plc slc500 5/03, la comunicación que estoy estableciendo es dh485 por medio de un 1747-aic, pero no logro que se comunique, no se si el problema este en la configuración del cable o si hay algo más que tenga que configurar.

hi guys i want some detail of pv600 pluse 

in pv600 pluse hmi to micrologix 1100 communication cable pin detail.Any help

Edited by pv550

Post the FULL part number of your HMI and Micrologix PLC

sorry sir is here in matel panel of pv600 pluse so no letter are mention in the panel. and then the panel is empty.

Is there micrologix 1100 .but i used my project so i thing common micrologix 1100 to pv600 pluse communication cable.:-(

hi sir in my pv600 pluse complain is 

FAULT:  Cannot find "mecompcrc"(or one of it component)make sure the path and file name are correct                        and that all the required libraries are available.

THIS fault is come sir and then after hand symbol the circle is come .please tell anybody how to solve the problem.

Edited by pv550