Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ICTechs.com

The cost of RSLogix 500

7 posts in this topic

The company which I'm currently employed with is finally getting a couple of newer laptops They want me to get some quotes on purchasing RSLogix 500 Pro for these 2 laptops. What is the expected cost? Do I have to buy it twice or do I get a break on the second activation. Should I goto Rockwell directly? I think our so called "Preferred Vendors" are gouging us on this Thanks for the input John B.

There shouldn't really be any price competition.. Your local A-B distributor should give you the price everyone else would. If you can find a legitimate distributor somewhere else that's willing to give you a better price, then go for it I guess. Another option would be if you could find a legal owner of RSLogix that would be willing to transfer their license to you, but that situation isn't very common.

Try and get a laptop with a real serial port (they are always handy) unless you feel you will never need this. Also if you will only be using one laptop at a time you can use the key disk feature so you only need buy one copy of Logix500. And if money is tight you can (sometimes) get real sealed copies of Logix with Key Disks from ebay.

Well money isnt really tight, this is a billion dollar company I work for, but if I can save them a few bucks I will. If not then I'll just order it. Just thought there quote was a little high. Thanks fellas

9324-RL0100ENE RSLogix 500 Starter is list price $545. 9324-RL0300ENE RSLogix 500 Standard is list price $1200 9324-RL0700NXENE RSLogix 500 Professional with RSNetworx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet/IP and RSEmulate 500 is list price $2760. Software multipliers are always 1.0 unless you are purchasing 5 or more licenses at once. Edited by Ken Roach

Thanks Ken That helps, I'll order it tomorrow

you can find the cost of rockwell products using this site http://www.ab.com/e-tools/index.html