Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nighthawk

PV1000 Communication Troubles

6 posts in this topic

Am FRUSTRATED, trying to download an application from PanelBuilder 32 (ver 3.71) to a PanelView 1000 (Cat# 2711-T10G8, Ser D), using RS-232 (from real port). PB32 uses PFTSERV.DLL and PVDF1F32.DLL as it's communication panel. The printer terminal is disabled on the PV. Cable, serial port and software verified good by up/downloading to/from PV600 with no problems. When downloading to the PV, PB32 shows that it is starting the download, as does the terminal. Both show the process get to 3% (512 bytes of 14522 transferred) and stop. Terminal displays "File not supported"; software displays "Application file is incompatible type", then gives error 4091. Also will not upload the original program residing in the terminal. I'm trying to download an application modified from a PV900 to work on the 1000. It worked fine with the 900. I actually have two PV1000s and both do the same, so am doubtful of it being a firmware issue (one has earlier firmware, the other more recent). Am I just not holding my tongue right? Are the planets aligned in such a way to screw up communication? Do I need to throw it in the pond? Any suggestions? Thanks, Jimmy

What message do you get when you try to upload? The download problem you describe DOES sound like the wrong firmware revision was selected when writing the panelview program, either that or the wrong model of terminal was chosen, etc. If you could get it to upload you could take a look at the terminal setup parameters and compare them to what you put in your program. Oh, and I seem to be saying this a lot lately but, if you have a Flash ATA PCMCIA card on hand, you could avoid upload/download problems alltogether by using the card to do the file transfers. Edited by gravitar

You said you're using PB32 version 3.71.. The latest version is 3.82. My suspicion regarding the upload problem, since your software doesn't recognise something that MUST be a valid .PVA file, is that it was written with a newer version of PB32. As for the download, it still sounds like one of the terminal setup parameters in your program don't match the terminal.

and BTW, you choose the firmware level when you first create the application (see pic). You can go into Terminal Setup later on if you need to change it. and BTW, you choose the firmware level when you first create the application (see pic). You can go into Terminal Setup later on if you need to change it. createnew.bmp

Seems like since the 600 and the 1000 have same comms ports (232 and RIO) the setup should be the same.