Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gazzr

TD200C F Keys

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to make the TD200 F keys perform a different function depending on which screen is being displayed at the time..? What I would like to do is display a series of hours counters, and use one of the F keys to reset the value. Obviously I only want to reset the currently displayed counter value. It appears that the F keys only set / unset a specific bit, but maybe someone knows different. Cheers.

Hi Not to familiar with the TD200 displays but one method I have used on other displays that set a speciific bit is that if it possible to set a screen number for the screen being displayed that can be read by the PLC is to use that in your code to reset the required counter.

I too would use PLC code. Each F key turns on a bit, and based on the active screen number, write PLC code to reset a value. The TD200 is designed to be a simple text display, not overly functional. Thre are other units with higher end capabilities if required, but you should be able to do this with PLC code.

You are right, TD200 use wizard for creating of screens and functions (like F and shift F) it is realy usefull for beginers but for a advanced... I tried some touch panels and stoped to ESA. They can apear with different brand names (like Saia). Price level is 1,5 higher... at least in our market. But you can do everything! Compose screens as you want, set, reset bites, indicate VW values, show pictures, etc... On such touch panel your task is very simple and friendly to customer. I do not advertise ESA. There are different producers of HMI, but touchpanels are best for me...

Sorted this now. Thaks for the responses. I didn't realize there was a VB location that represented the currently active screen. As suggested, I can now work this into my plc program to get the desired results.