Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifriarod

PBuilder32 Tags

6 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone I am using a PView Std. with ethernet connection to CLogix. Now i am using a Controller Tags, but i have a tags that i need to control, that is part of program tags. Is it possible to point, a program tag? If it, how can i do that? Where to read that info. Thank a lot, for you help. Isaias Frias Rguez

hmmm... didn't do mix like this one in a really long time but it should be something like this: when using PV clasic on CLX (or even any multivendor HMIs in case they don't support addressing methods of the CLX), create tag that is comatible with structure HMI can access. usually one would create an array of integers (16-bit like N7 and type INT[255] for example). in the RSLogix5000 you have to map this file to classic dat table (like N7). then just use it in program. for example on PV you would pick address like N7:2 for word or N7:4/3 for bit. same locations would be accessed by PLC program as N7[2] or N7[4].3 (format is a bit different but this is as close as it gets).

Thanks I have no problem with the tags conventions of CLogix in PView Std. This is de addressing i am using on PBuilder, Tag Editor Sheet: ---------- Tag Name ---------DataType ------ Node Name --------------------------------- Address is_dntACTUAL_SELECTION ------- DINT ---------is_PB_CLGX_MAIN -- s_gudtPV_TAGS.udtMACHINE_TAGS.dntACTUAL_SELECTION The "Address" field, is the same i have in CLogix, but this address is in Controller Tags folder. But, is it possible to access the tags founded on Program Tags, folder? My question is if i can use a Program Tags; like i do with Controller Tag (That is global to proccessor); well tomorrow i will try to do a test, of course i the proccess allow me do that jejejejejeje. Thanks for your help. Isaias Frias Rguez. Edited by ifriarod

I only work on PV+ so dont know the exact addressing syntax for PV std. But just a thought. You can cut and paste the tags from program section to controller section. Or if it is a few tags then you can make some controller tags and alias them to the program tags.

I'm pretty sure all tags that your read and write with the Standard Panelview to the Controllogix must be on the Controller Scope

Thanks to both for help I try to do the same i do with PV+, but i think that i have to map the program address to controller address if there no way...i can not alias one program tag to controller tag (appears to be good idea) because is about 2K tags. Last week i was programming a PV+, things in there is completely diferent. Another question; in PV+ what it is the reason of HMI Tags folder, is i can see directly the tags of PLC and i can connect to objects on screen? Or is better to create all tag i need first, then use on the screens i create? Ok, thanks again Isaias Frias Rguez