Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stef168

cables ?

9 posts in this topic

is the cable for all mitsubishi A series plc's the SAME? What are the different types of cable for Mitsubishi PLC's? Thanks guys!

Most of A-series PLCs use 25 pin RS422 connection. It uses RX-TX and RTS-CTS signals. The latest cables from MItsu is SC09, but SC05 and some older converters will work as well. SC09 and SC05 recieve 5V power from PLC. Some older adapters use exterrnal power supply. I heard that some Mitsu adapters taking power from computer and will not work with some laptops. FX-Series PLC uses 8-pin MiniDin connector with TX-RX signals only. SC09 cable will work. SC09 diagram widely available on the Internet as well as om this site - use search.

we use the SC09 on all of are A series and the SC09 comes with the 8pin din adapter for the FX series as well which we use. I believe the cables run around $100 or a few bucks more

THANKS GUYS for the info, some more questions: 1. whats the difference between the a2acpu and the a3acpu? 2. how about with the a3ncpu? 3. i've downloaded the demo version of the gx developer, whats the limitation of the demo version? can i upload and download from the cpu to the computer? 4. anybody interested in swapping a full version software with A series CPU?

A2ACPU High speed, 14K steps, 512 I/O A3ACPU High speed, 30K + 30K steps, 2048 I/O A3NCPU 30K + 30K steps, I/O max. 2048, refresh/local I dont think that the demo versions let you download to the cpu

the gx developer version i have is 3.0( demo version), and it seems to have a conncect to plc function, coz i can access the button from the screen. but i stil don't have the cable , so i ca't be sure, i wanna use it in tinkering with an a3acpu, i saw from other threads that you can only do 600 steps with the demo version, whats 600 steps ? is that the same with 600 rung?

The number of steps is not equal to the number of rungs, neither is it equal to the number of instructions used. Each instruction that you use in the program will have a corresponding number of steps, depending upon what the instruction is, the number of steps it uses will differ, generally, the more complex the instruction, the more steps it uses, for instance: -[ ]- (contact) instruction takes 1 step -( )- (output) instruction takes 1 step [MOV] (move) instruction takes 5 steps [bMOV] (Block move) takes 9 steps [RERP] (remote IO read) takes 11 steps (these instructions are from the A series & may differ for Fx & Q)

thanks guys i'll try to contact mr. plc but only after i get the software, coz with 600 steps , it sure is gonna be a small program for th a3a