Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pro17

cx-supervisor & TCP sockets

5 posts in this topic

The goal is to establish connection between cx-supervisor and some tcp server. Using a socket connection I would like to send / recieve data to a tcp server on port 1000, SCADA is to be the client. Is there an active-x component that can be implemented into cx-supervisor (probably using winsock) which is able to establish connection ... of course using JavaScript or VbScript cx-supervisor supports. I tried: - OSWinsock.ocx - Socketwrench .ocx - GA Soft - WinsckW.ocx Unfortunatelly none of them (although registered properly on my WinXP system) is shown on my OLE list to put it into cx-supervisor page as an active-x component. Does anyone have experience in this?

Hi all, I did manage to establish connection using OStrosoft winsock ActiveX component. The only problem I had is the component didn't apear in "Insert ActiveX object" controls so I had to use JScript or VBScript to use it. Just to tell you it can be done. JinX

FYI Sometimes you can add ActiveX controls to the "Insert ActiveX Object" by adding to the registry. Find the CLSID for the object and add a new key "Insertable" (look for some other objects to copy from). OK OK don't everybody go hacking your registry and only if you're backed up etc etc. Yes this is a filthy hack and doesn't always work, but for me has worked perfectly with Microsoft Forms controls and other Third party controls (and required for my own custom controls!!)