Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_electrician

Parallel Outputting off a Logo

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, as you know from my previous post, I have maxed out my LOGO outputs. The company does not want to buy a small plc yet, but I need to add 4 new conveyors to the system. My thought is as follows. Our machines feed finished parts onto a main spine conveyor. I was thinking that an easy solution would be to group 3 or 4 contactors which are 24vdc (each spine cponveyor currently is asigned to it's own output), and have 1 output turn on those 3 or 4 contactors. I would be well in range of the current rating of the relay output. Each contactor draws 197mA, the rating of the LOGO output relay is 10A. Does this sound like a good fix for now, or is there any other ideas or examples out there? Let me know what yopu would do.

If they all have to turn on at the same time, I see no problem with this as long as you don't exceed the 10A rating. Keep in mind too the extension block relays are rated at 5A, not 10.

Hi Fairly common practice would be to drive the first conveyor contactor from the output then cascade all other conveyors from a auxillary off the first then use the last to give a running ip it required, see attachment cascade.bmp

Can you not add a logo extension block ? Or even another logo and network them?

Logos can't be networked. They support action as a slave on LonWorks or AS-Interface, but cannot master a network.

That I have done. I have 2 expansion packs on it and I have maxed out my outputs at 16. Logo has a max inputs of 24 I believe, and a max output of 16. That I know! Edited by mr_electrician

you can do that as mr CROSSBOW said but be careful of starting torqe load and you have to get the induvidual O/L outputs for fault indication and the other N/O contact you can use to halt the system for safty perpus.there is no networking in logo but you can share the instructions by peralel connections to logo inputs. i think it will help you regards sohail