Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

rslinx error

5 posts in this topic

just finished installing a upgrade to rslinx that was emailed to us from allen bradley. it is version 2.50.00.20(cpr 7) now when we start up linx we get the follow error. any advice, have tried uninstalling and reinstall - same problem talked to local ab rep, and he recommended that we delete the com port and then restart pc, and let windows reinstall the com portRSLynxError.docRSLynxError.doc

Sounds to me like you have something else tying up your serial port, do you have RS Linx enterprise on your computer as well, I know that if I shut down RS Linx classic RS Linx Enterprise ties up my serial port. Go to task manager and see if RSLinxNG.exe is running if it is, then shut it down and stop the DF-1 driver and start it again. using the startup options on RS Linx. Edited by Eluder

I have had the same problems in the past with RSLinx Enterprise. It certainly looks like something is trying to use the same port. I have a batch file that I run for RSLinx Enterprise problems. It is simply a line that says: net stop rslinxng I also run a second batch file that has these lines: net stop "RSLinx" net stop "RSLinx Enterprise" net stop "Rockwell Tag Server" net stop "Rockwell HMI Diagnostics" net stop "Rockwell HMI Activity Logger" net stop "Rockwell Directory Server" net stop "Rockwell Event Multiplexer" net stop "Rockwell Directory Multiplexer" net stop "Rockwell Event Server" net stop "Rockwell Application Services" I don't know why I never combined the two. I also run a program called terminator.exe that stops all RSLinx processes. This could help but it may be a non-Rockwell Software program that is taking control of the port. Rebooting helps a lot of things but for RSLinx Enterprise it very well may not.

ERROR.docthanks was able to now load rslinx classic. my local ab rep sent me a tech note file from ab that explained how to go in and completly delete rslinx from your pc and the registry. a few months ago, while my company was still under AB tech support, I got the following files from AB Tech support to upgrade my software, due to the fact that I had ordered a micrologix 1100 to use on a project and was unable to connect to it with my version or rslogix and linx. The files that I got from AB Tech support was to upgrad my rslogix to version 7.10.00(cr7) and to also upgrade my rslinx to version 2.50.00.20 (cr7) At that time upgraded, and everything went fine. This Monday, my laptop crashed, our IT folks worked on it, got it back and now having to reinstall some of my software. I used the files that I got from AB Tech support to install rslogix and rslinx and everything went fine. I also got some files from AB Tech support that where some patches for the rslinx that I recieved to upgrade my rslinx. After installing the rslinx, I then followed the instructions that I got from AB Tech support by email to install the patches, and get a error. I have attached a screen shot of the error. The following is the instructions that I recieved. Attached you will find all the RSLinx Classic 2.50 patched files. Here are the steps you should take to replace these files 1. Open the Windows Services manager (Start/Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services) and stop the "RSLinx" service. To keep RSLinx from restarting, you must also disable this service. 2. Rename the extension of the attached file to .zip and extract the files to a temp directory 3. Manually copy the ab_kt95.drv, Ic32ckit.dll, RSLinx.exe, and RSLinxcp.exe files to C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx and make sure to select yes to replace the existing files 4. Manually copy the PCCC.HWX file to C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon and make sure to select yes to replace the existing file 5. Manually copy the rsikt.sys file to C:\Windows\System32 and make sure to select yes to replace the existing file 6. Open a command prompt (Start > Run, type cmd and press Enter). 7. Type the following command and press Enter: regsvr32 PCCC.HWX 8. You should see a message indicating that the file was registered successfully 9. Return the RSLinx service to Automatic (or Manual, depending what it was set for prior to changing it to Disable) in the Windows Services manager. 10. Re-boot the computer.

Check back with your IT floks and ask them why your "regsvr32" doesn't work. I can run it from any subdirectory. Are there some administrator limitations with your login?