Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morten AA

CJM-plc and siemens mc35i gsm

10 posts in this topic

Hello I have som problems with sms sending on a mc35i gsm modem from siemens. I can monitor the data being send with hyper terminal and it looks just fine, but how do you make the ctrl/z key combination to make the send?? Maybe i can switch the send command in the modem to another sign?? I've search the manual, but no luck Morten from denmark

I Morten, I think you have to send in the last byte of your string the HEX '0D'. Regards Joao

It's HEX 1A. Go in download Code and find example thet Sleepy make, it's excelent for starting.

He is referring to this download. SMS GSM PLC Communications Hex 0D is ACSCII Code 13 = CR = Carriage Return

Yep ! You are right my misstake. That download from Sleepy Wombat help'd me alot when .( Thank Sleepy Wombat) I'm stuck in another thread with a problem that involves receiving SMS in the PLC and i'm not getting any feedbak, maybe you could give me some help ? Joao Manuel

Used sleepys program with the exact same equipment you have and it worked great :) Thanx sleepy!

Ok, i know that the Sleepy's sample works fine for sending SMS's from the PLC, but my problem is with RECEIVING SMS's in the PLC !!! That's where i can't find any information or help ... Regards Joao Manuel Edited by Joao Manuel

Never had to do it, but can;t see why it can;t be done... A couple of quick tests you could carry out... 1.Connect your GSM modem to your computer and run hyper terminal. 2. Send an SMS message to the modem... Does Hyper Terminal read it ? Does the modem auto spit it out ? If so you are half way there.... Connecting to the PLC is the same as sending... However now you will need to RECIEVE the string from the serial buffer on the PLC serial port... look at the RXD command... also the setup for the port...you might need to specifiy the end character that the mesage will be spitting out...

Hi, it's been a few days since the last post. Thank you Sleepy Wombat, i have read your post! Managed to put the system working (a little bit confused, and not working always ... ) Does anyone hear from a program called "Sms Configurator"? used with CJ1M CPU 21 and Gsm Modem Westermo Gd11 ? If anyone know it, can you drop me a line please, i'm really stuck here , and can't get help from anyone else. Best Regards Joao Manuel