Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asterof

SLC 505 to CLX Instruction Conversion

7 posts in this topic

Inserted for your review A snippet of SLC 500 code of the good old SCP instruction Converting to CLX platform, CLX has no like instruction.. Go figure. Opinions of the best and simplest way to do the same thing Thanks hmmm X = Max - Min Y = Max / X Z = PV - MIN If Z > 0 then Z = PV * Y any better ideas Edited by asterof

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...ghlight=scaling

Yes I am aware of the There is scaling that you can use right in the module itself. Go to the module properties (right click) and then go to the configuration tab. Select the type of input 4-20mA, and then enter in your min and max engineering units. However in Gas regression a good scaling instruction is nice to have I will look at hose examples on Monday Have a good week end Thanks

Why not just update to v16, it has a add-on SCP instruction. or use a CPT using the following equation (Raw_In-Raw_Min)/(Raw_Max-Raw_Min)*(EU_Max-EU_Min)+EU_Min

You also have the SCL instruction in FBD that works the same as SCP. Although it does consume memory.

I've been doing this in ControlLogix for years, using a similar method to what Kyle described above. (Raw_In-Raw_Min)/(Raw_Max-Raw_Min)*(EU_Max-EU_Min)+EU_Min is is the "two-point" form of a simple linear equation. One of the first Add-On Instructions that many users built for themselves when RSLogix 5000 v16 released was an SLC-style "SCP" instruction that just included a Compute instruction with either a slope-intercept or two-point form of such an equation. If you don't have the Function Block Diagram editor or v16 installed, an ordinary CPT instruction is what you need.

Or just create your own subroutine Pesonally I use CPT Eg SCL