Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asterof

RSview Studio ME Edition

8 posts in this topic

I have a customer that gave me two apa backup project files I am trying to open them, but getting the message as seen on this attachment. I have plenty of HD space, the application does not exist elsewhere and the application is not on my hard disk anywhere else. So what else should I look for.. thanks I can email the apa if some one is willing to try and open it thanks error.bmp Edited by asterof

That's a pretty common error, but a hard one to figure out because it has several installation-related root causes. The first and most common is that you don't have RSLinx Enterprise installed on your PC; it should be installed as part of the Studio installation, but some folks skip it. Check your Personal Message folder for my e-mail address and I'll take a look at those files.

You were correct, the computer I was using never had the enterprise installed. I ask why, they indicated they did not know it needed it if RSlinx was installed. I installed and I am fine now.. except, when restoring a application from an apa file, it does not create an rsv project file. So when you try to export to csv the tag database, it ask you for the location of the project you want to export from, IE no project file no export. How can you get around this. Thanks

Background information: RSView32 project files have the extension *.RSV. RSView Enterprise ME project files have the extension *.MED and RSView Enterprise SE project files have the extension *.SED. The RSView "Tag Import and Export Wizard" can be launched in two different ways, at least on my machine. When I launch it from within RSView Studio, I get a window labeled "Database Import and Export Wizard". The first item in the function drop-down selector is "Export RSView Database to CSV File". The file browser takes me to My Documents, where I can browse for *.RSV project files. When I launch it from the Start button (Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSView Enterprise -> Tools -> Tag Import and Export Wizard), I get a window labeled "Tag Import and Export Wizard" The first item in the function drop-down selector is "Export RSView® Tag Database to CSV File". The file browser has me select Machine Edition or Supervisory Edition, then lets me browse the RSView Enterprise project directory for *.MED or *.SED files. The program that's running in my Windows Task Manager is the same, called "DbImpExpWiz.exe". What I think is going on is that RSView Studio is inadvertently launching the Import/Export wizard with the wrong context setting, so I get the RSView32 database function, not the RSView Enterprise database function. I do have RSView32 7.20 installed on my computer.

Yea same thing here Now that would seem to be a bug That selection should be available from within Studio ME Thanks

I'm willing to open your project. I have RSView studio v4.00.00. If I can open it, I will backup project in a new *.apa file with a new name....maybe you didn't delete a application with the same name with the application manager. I think I had a similar problem... Just put your file in the forum if you want to make the test

You'll also see this error if you are using RSView v3.2 or earlier and the .apa file sent to you is created using RSView v4. If this is the case, you have to upgrade to v4 or get anyone who has RSView v4 to open that file and save it as v3.2