Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M Laven

Danfoss VLT5000 with Profibus

9 posts in this topic

I have set up a small Profibus network with a Melsec A1SCPU and a A1SJ71PB92D. I have managed to control a I/O-device, Siemens ET200B 8DI/8DO. That was easy. Now I want to know how to build a simple Block-diagram to Start and Stop a Danfoss VLT5000, so that I can continue to develope my network. I am using GX IEC Developer 6.01. A Global Vars list would help to. Manual for Danfoss VLT5000 Profibus DP v1 Edited by M Laven

I just used PLC S7 300 to connect with VLT5000 by profibus, but MELSEC didn't. You have to download GSD file on www.danfoss.com.

Doesn't Beijer electronic have a FB for that?

The Field Bulletines at Beijers web page are not helping me. They only tell "How to Set Up Your Profibus Network". That is not my problem. I have configurated my network in GX Configurator DP and downloaded GSD-files for both Siemens ET200B 8DI/8DO and Danfoss VLT5000. The network is working. I can control the Siemens unit but I don't know how to program block diagrams for Danfoss VLT5000 in GX IEC Developer.

i never used that product but here are few pointers: 1. you need to setup and verify profibus network. check in your master status if all nodes really communicate or not. can you post your GX Configurator DP file? (what memory range did you assign to it). 2. get the manuals you need. it looks like you are on a right track and here is one that looks very similar to what i've been using for Alpha's Ternary drive (robo cylinder): http://mcliterature.danfoss.com/WebPublish..._1_mg90d122.pdf it is probably file you got the GSD from. 3. i glanced some files and one of them mentioned something about baud rate ('currently cannot be changed and it's fixed to 1.5Mbps') but i'm not sure if that's this drive or something else like gateway etc. 4. you will have to write nice program to use control and status word, play with parameters, enable drive, start it etc. one of the documents was saying to ignore other manuals regarding enable bit etc. ...gees, what a mess...that doesn't sound very promissing... good luck.

Here are my files. Danfoss_VLT5000_Profibus.zip

ok, i don't see anything wrong with the configuration except that configured I/O map for VLT ("select module") is set to be "PPO Type1 Module Consitend PCD" which is 12byte in and 12byte out. This is valid setting but I don't know if this is what your VLT is configured to (maybe it expects something else, is this the default?). btw. i see that you are mapping the ET200 to M and VLT to D. although there is no overlap and technically it should be fine the way it is, i suggest using bit devices for any I/O mapping (I like to map my I/O to X and Y addresses and group nodes a bit). You have 12byte in and 12 out - You will need to address the bytes individually, trust me... For example if you have D0 hold bytes 0 and 1, and D1 is bytes 2 and 3 etc. then you may need more code to do what could be simply done in just one instruction. Let's say you want to read some parameter which is in byte1 (or bytes 1 and 2) and put it into D100. if this was range of bit devices (such as X200-X25F) then this would simply be [MOV K2X208 D100] (or [MOV K4X208 D100] if you wanted two bytes). Try to do the same with D registers and you will see what I mean... Same goes if you want to write something to drive (maybe speed limit etc.). But.... You still must write your PLC code (could be as little as few hundred steps) to get "things" in and out drive (status, errors, config, enable, jog speed, run speed etc.), then write actual program that uses them. There is no canned solution, you have to develop this...

Hi, panic is right. You need to make sure that the PPO types match. (I think par 904?) I usually use PPO type 5. From there on its easy. Do you have the manual? It does give you the layout of all the bytes and all their bits. I do have a manual here. I will post the link now. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=703. I am missing a manual on the profibus module. I will have a look. Then I can give you a page number. Edited by waynes

I have all the manuals. I will also try PPO 5 and change from D to X. Thanks for the help. I will post my work as soon as it works.