Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sanif

SLC 5/03 on DH-485 Network dropping out

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I need some help with a DH-485 network. I have four (4) SLC 5/03 connected on a single DH-485 network. This network is then connected to a DH+ network via a 1785-KA5 bridge. All SLC have the 1747-AIC module and I confirmed there are correctly wired and terminated at the ends. AIC module confirmed to be in working order, as I was able to go online to all SLCs via its AIC module. However in RSLinx, I keep seeing all my SLC dropping in and out of the network every few seconds. All the SLC seems to drop out one after another and then it will come back on. My next step is to remove the DH+ connection to the 1785-KA5 bridge and see if they stabilise. Other than that, I am at a lost. Anyone had similar experience? Thanks.

Welcome to the World of RSLinx!!! The first thing I would try is run RSterminator then restarting RSLinx. I don't suppose you have RSLinx Enterprise installed on your system, do you? Certain uses for RSLinx Enterprise tend not to play well with RSLinx. I for got to subscribe to this one.

RSterminator? never heard of it

You may want to take a look a this post. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=7322&hl= The hotfix mentioned did in fact fix what you are describing with the SLC-5/03. It may be worth a try for you.

I'm not sure where we got it. It stops the processes that have accumulated with RS(whatever). Keeps you from having to reboot. I'll look for it online. I'm not sure if I can post it here.

Sorry It was just called process terminator (terminator.exe) it works with a list file and askes to terminate just those processes. I also have used a batch file I call RSStop.Bat Is there anywhere that I can post these files? The batch file is just: net stop "RSLinx" net stop "RSLinx Enterprise" net stop "Rockwell Tag Server" net stop "Rockwell HMI Diagnostics" net stop "Rockwell HMI Activity Logger" net stop "Rockwell Directory Server" net stop "Rockwell Event Multiplexer" net stop "Rockwell Directory Multiplexer" net stop "Rockwell Event Server" net stop "Rockwell Application Services"

Thanks for all the replies. I am using RSLinx Classic v 2.50. Based on the Hotfix from TechJunkie, I gather the fault is more on RSLinx rather than the hardwire connection in the network. Should I be concern at all if it is only on the RSLinx? The SLCs are running happily as far as I can tell, but this problem with the network dropping out of RSLinx has rattled some people. I will implement the Hotfix as suggested by Techjunkie and keep everyone posted. Thanks. Edited by Sanif

I tried the Hofix, but problem still persist. I am beginning to think that it has to do with the token passing on DH-485. Can this be a possibility?

Do you use MGS instruction in your network ? For raise speed of your network you can reduce the quantity of node to be browse LEAVE NODE FOR YOUR PC!!!. Type your max node adresse in Channel configuration windows [picture] If only one slc 5/03 have MGS instruction, you may raise the token hold factor [picture] For more help, give us more detail; how MGS instruction, network only for go online, ect... Good luck Edited by slcman

Problem solved!!! The culprit is the 1747-AIC module on the first SLC on the network (node 01). We swapped it for a new one and problem is gone. The problem with intermittent connection is that is is very difficult to pinpoint the fault. With the benefit of a brand new AIC module, we are able to isolate the SLC one by one and finally locate the fault. Thanks every one for you kind assistance. ps.s slcman. My configuration set up was exactly the same as yours. Cheers!