Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad1

Working with Twidosoft software

12 posts in this topic

I have started with the Twido software and have a problem. I am entering inputs on the first rung and realized that there are more inputs than input areas across the rung. What is the feature to enter more inputs called so I can find it in the help file?

I haven't touched Twidosoft in years, but I would suggest putting an output to an internal memory bit and then using that output as an input on the next line. That's how we used to do it in the days when logic width was fixed (like the old 984 stuff).

Can the JMP instruction be used for this?

Why would you use JMP? Jump is used to move to another part of the program. It has nothing to do with the number of contacts in a rung...

I used the internal memory bit as you suggested. I completed my first rung using the internal memory bit to extend the rung. When I attempted to enter a new rung I received the following error, <Reversibility Error> Only 1 unique rung can be entered at a time. Thanks Edited by mad1

Need some assistance on addressing the Timer Bit. For example purpose I labeled the Timer 001,what would be the address for the timer bit used with a XIC switch. If you can point me to a page in the user manual that would be great!

Need help in determining the addressing the timer done bit for the following contact , my understanding of the %TMi.Q addressing is not working. Timer_contact.pdf Edited by mad1

I have one more issue that I am trying to resolve. After checking the program I get a warning " No start in RUN was selected". In the application Configuration the "RUN/STOP input configured" reads back as "none". Here is what is listed in the help manual, "Principle The RUN/STOP input is a special function that can be assigned to any one of the base controller inputs. This function is used to start or stop a program." Is this a status read back form the operating modes—RUN, MONITOR, or PROGRAM— switch? Edited by mad1

I need to enter a rung after rung 1, each time I accept the rung it places it at Rung Zero. How do I place a rung at a specific location in the program?

I can't remeber where exacty this is but it is to do with the PLC not going into run after power cycle. I will look when I am back in the office and give you the exact location for this setting.

Select "Scan Mode Edit" under the "Program" menu (or right click Program in the system tree and select the same). There is a check box in there for "Automatic Start in Run" - that's the thing you need to turn on.