Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
semilogical

S7-300

5 posts in this topic

We are using a S7-300 series PLC and the information we have is that address M0101.1 is the flasher bit for a one second flash. You can, it says, use bits 0-7 with different flash times preset. We tried using the .1 bit and have a one second flashing light for our panel. It didn't work. Anyone know what's up? I am new with Siemens and am having some difficulty adapting my thought process from AB to Siemens.

I think you are refereing to the Cycle/clock memory function? It depends which byte has been programmed for this function. Go to the hardware configurator, higlight the CPU and right click, then select properties. In the pop up box select "cycle/clock memory". Here you will see what byte has been used, if none the select the box "Clock memory" and enter the byte required. Bit 0=0.1sec 1=0.2sec 2=0.4sec 3=0.5sec 4=0.8sec 5=1.0sec 6=1.6sec 7=2.0sec regards Edited by Moggie

Hi moggie, Thanks for that info' - I didn't know about this functionality. I just tried it on my 315. It didn't work at first because I didn't download the modified hardware configuration. Maybe this is semilogicals' problem.

It might be, we will have to wait until system checkout before we can try it. The unit was removed from my desk for panel assembly. I'll let you know if the old guy doesn't forget to.