Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hdwhaley

1747-pic

4 posts in this topic

I have successfully made a replacement for 1745-PCC but I am having trouble building a replacement for 1747-PIC. I can not seem to get the RTS and DTR signals right. I am trying to use ST202EBN and SN751177 chips and a 5 VDC regulator. Can anyone help with a schematic or otherwise? Thanks

Did you try loopback RS485 side and read it on RS232? I don't know your exact schematics, but ICs are looking correct. Post you scematics, I will check. Eagle or Protel format Edited by PLC_Cables

um, why ? The 1747-PIC is readily available new and used, and B&B Electronics makes a cheaper equivalent. Are you really that dedicated to "build versus buy" ?

hdwhaley, I don't think anyone here is trying to be Mr. Smarty pants but we all have an engineering approach. I have the same view point as Mr Roach. When I release a design to my assembly team, I try to save them LABOR. Labor is the most expensive part of any job. So what Mr. Roach is trying to say is that you might be better off purchasing the part because of the time and labor you'll save. By the time you make the cable yourself at $65 per hour, that cable might end up costing you over $300.00....well...if your a fast solderer....maybe less Just my view point, we are here to help. If I had the schematic, I would post it but I don't so my only offer to you is watch your labor unless you work for one of those awesome companies that gives everything away for free.