Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_electrician

24 Rc0 SIEMENS LOGO

10 posts in this topic

Hello, has anyone ever maxed out there outputs that are available on a 24Rc0 SIEMENS LOGO. I maxed out today at 16. Only 16! That sucks!!!!

LOGO is not a PLC only a clever relay.

Um???? OK, I do realize this so........

It's a smart relay, not a PLC. It's not designed to have a ton of outputs. if you need a bunch of outputs there are better choices. Logo is designed to replace DIN rail mounted relays, timers, and counters, not PLCs. If that's what you're after, spend the money for an actual PLC. 16 is more than enough for what Logo is designed for. Like simple control based on real time clock or cycle timing. I've got one controlling my pool pump, outdoor landscape lighting, pool light, and heater in my garage.

Yes, I agree and was aware that is was not a PLC when I purchased it. I am using it to control a conveyor system in our plant. Nothing fancy, just a bunch of on/off buttons and some photo eyes. I maxed my outputs yesterday when I added 4 more conveyors, which brought me to a total of 14 conveyor motor contactors and a couple other outputs. O well, I have a way around it. I plan on using 1 output o control a 4 pole contactor, which in turn will control 4 motor controllers at the same time. I still find the logo a nice programable relay device.

Controlling 14 conveyors with a LOGO!!!! Jeepers you must like getting value for money.

You bet, I am controlling 14 conveyors with the logo. 4 of which feed it's own CNC lathe. I use a time delay on those 4 independant ones so that after the robot graps the waiting part, the conveyor waits for 2 seconds for the robot to clear. Then the conveyor starts again. It will stop when the new raw part is seen in the nest by a photo eye. The photo eye also tells the robot that there is a part ready to be picked up. I also use the logo to give signals as well as receive signals from a part marker. Not bad for a guy who is just learning to program hey!! I think the company should give me a raise for all the money I am saving them on thses conveyors!! I do have one conveyour cell though in which I am using a S7-200 plc. Same logic though! Hopefully I will get as advanced as many of you fine gent's on here.

dear mr wayneplc ! i hope the attached file (which is in pdf) will help you to know that, how to deal with the analouge. regards sohail logo_analog.pdf