Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alberto05

NS5 screen defective

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, We have installed 14 NS5 screens 2 years ago (ns5-sq00-v1) and yesterday i have replaced the 4th screen in this 2 years. The screens become black and the light is red. I think that may be a manufacture defect, what do you think?, anybody has the same problem whit NS5?. The OMRON representative here replace our screen in garantie but...if the other 10 are manufacture defect too and the garantie has passed? thanks

Hi Alberto, First of all, the service of the OMRON guys sounds good. I work a lot with NS screens of OMRON but have not experienced a lot of problems with the backlight you describe. What is the operating temperature in your cabinet? Regards, MPM

Also, do you have dedicated power supplies for the screens ? Is there any surge protection or would there be need for one ? Do the LOT numbers of the screen belong to the same batch ? Are there any conditions that the screens operate in which might be a problem according to the specifications ? What do the repair reports say ?

Is the screen saver feature used ?

hi, there is neither screen saver nor dedicated power supply. The screen is in a retort control system, the temperature may be 35-40ºC or so in the cabinet. The screen is turned off at the end of working day. Omrons reparation report said that was an error in the NS power supply, that may be a lot defect. The same error occour with an first time used screen (with no plant operation, only take off the box and feed). All the NS were buyed at the same time, so may be the same lot I think that there should be a dedicated power supply but......i am not the boss thanks