Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

CQ1MH Expansion Instructions

12 posts in this topic

I am trying to download the expansion instructions to a CQM1H-CPU21. I have Dip Sw. 4 ON, but fails do download. The weird thing is, that I did succeed once in downloading the expansion instructions. I have tried cycling power, removing battery, cycling switch etc. The error message is, failed to download expansion functions, check the PLC Dip Switch or Settings. Since I definitly have the PLC dip sw on, it must be a setting, but I cannot seem to find any reference to a setting anywhere? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I think that I solved this issue. It appears that the expansion instructions that I was trying to use, cannot actually be used in the CQM1H CPU. I was trying to use the MOVL instruction, this appears in the expansion instruction set, but does not appear in the CQM1H manual. I would of thought that, if the instruction were not available for the CPU, then it wouldn't have been an option to use it?

Strange, it shouldn't. The MOVL instruction just came with the CJ/CS series, so it shouldn't even be available. Unless you've already found out, the old-school alternative is to use a XFER #2 (from memory) (to memory) instruction.

I have encountered this issue again. After getting the PMCR working in relation to another query, I have gone to transfer to the CPU that I am going to use on site, and get the above error message again. I defenitely have the dip sw on, so it must be a setting. I am assuming that this will be in the PC setup DM area, but, I cannot seem to find where this is referenced, and what it should be . As I said earlier, this has worked. The setup is, 2x CQM1H-CPU51's, 1 each with CLK21 cards, 1 with a SCU41 option board installed, it is this one that I am trying to download the expansion instructions settings to. The instructions that I have trying to use are, IOTC, PID, PMCR, +F, -F, *F, /F, FLT, FIX. I tried removing these all from the list, still no joy. Any ideas, I think it is related to a DM setting somewhere, will keep trying to find it.

Got me curious too. In CX-P it says "IO Command Transmission" but theres no info in the manuals or help on it.

I was the same, could not find it anywhere orignally. It is for the TC301 unit. There is not great detail on the instruction itself, but in manual W238, page 262, there is an explanation and examples on how to use it. Looks like it has built in PID and output control, I wander if many have used it to this extent? I don't think this is the issue however, haven't tried again yet, but will get back to it, is one of those things that may come right, and not knowing what was changed to acheive it is the annoying part!!

It seems to me I had a similar problem downloading expansion instructions in the past. Just going by memory here, but I think when you download expansion settings you cannot download the PLC settings, or possibly the program, at the same time. Try downloading the expansion instructions alone, and then try the program and settings alone.

Already tried all that, tried clearing program, downloading settings only, just tried with a blank project, and downloading the settings only, still the same result. Does anyone know of the status word addres that reflects the status of the dip switches? Still, there must be a something else that enables downloading, apart from the dip sw?

SOLUTION FOUND!!! Of course it was something I was doing, we knew that, but what was it? It appears, that you have to have all 18 of the expansion functions allocated, if they are not all there, then the error occurs. So I guess that the 'settings' that is referred to in the error message, is the expansion settings, which I spose is obvious. I had cleared all the instructions, as most of them are not applicable to this project, and only added the ones that I required, there is not many more than the ones that I mentioned that are of use for this project anyway.

A programmers silent catch phase that the customer will never know or understand .... the trick is being able to cover it up...

When having problems with the customers network on the last project, unsure if it was our issue or theirs, when the project manager was asking how we were getting on, came up with 'firmware issue'. Think it worked anyway, was totally off the cuff....