Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB - old Indramat hardware needed ...

6 posts in this topic

I have a “custom training” project in the works IF (big IF!) I can come up with the necessary Indramat hardware to put together two “student stations” for the hands-on exercises ... this stuff is OLD and OBSOLETE - but it’s still working away and making money even as I type ... and please don’t bother to recommend “upgrading” to new equipment - that is NOT an option ... this is a BIG plant with a 24/7 operating schedule - and every part that this line can turn out is already sold ... if they shut down to upgrade, they’re afraid that they’ll never be able to catch back up ... I’m begging (begging! - not just asking) for ANY help in finding the pieces and parts that we need to pull this project together ... if anyone knows of a potential “junk pile” or “used equipment” supplier with this type of Indramat stuff, then please let me know ... and in the off chance that some forum member might have any “just lying around” resources available, I’m attaching a spreadsheet of what we’re looking for below ... there’s also a “rough-draft” sketch of how the lab equipment will (hopefully) be tied together (someday) ... this has proved to be a VERY GOOD customer of ours for the Allen-Bradley training that we’ve already provided - and we’d certainly like to help them with their Indramat controllers too ... thanks for any help that you might be able to provide ... Layout_B.pdf Component_list_A.xls

Have you checked ebay? A cursory search turned up a lot of part numbers that at least looked very close to what you have on your spreadsheet. Another alternative is local electronic repair houses, but they usually try to charge top dollar. I guess this is a dumb question but have you tried calling Indramat? I recall a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend going to work for Indramat.. I can try to get ahold of her if you would like.

that was our first call - to the distributor who normally handles this customer ... unfortunately they don't have any of this OLD stuff still around ... and understandably they'd certainly prefer to upgrade everything to new controls - as opposed to scraping up any old used equipment ... right now my boss has told me to "exhaust all possibilities" of getting the hands-on stuff for a training lab ... if we can NOT get the equipment that we need, then we'll have to come up with a "Plan B" approach ... I know in my heart that I'm not going to like "Plan B" ... I appreciate the input ... thank you ...

I've got a guy in town that's good at bird-dogging this kind of stuff. I'll forward the list to him. and I guess this is another dumb question, but.. Doesn't this plant have any spares?! Edited by gravitar

oh, and what's your time frame for obtaining this stuff?

Greetings gravitar ... sorry that I haven't gotten back to you sooner ... not sure how I missed the "you've got a response" icon flag ... very few - not enough for even ONE working system - not to mention TWO of them ... and the plant doesn't want those precious few items being carted off to Charleston for weeks at a time so that Ron can play with them ... bad omen: all of the previous "training" equipment has already been scavenged (to the BONE) for anything that works ... I've already sent my list to PLCCenter ... they've sent me a list of what they have available ... it's a start - but not enough to build a working system ... thanks for your input ... Edited by Ron Beaufort