Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OdinPT

Sick Scanner CLV 410 - 0010S04

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Sick CLV410-0010S04, i need to use it in a project but im having problems conencting to the Scanner. I know this is a very used scanner so i would like someone that had some experience wit this reader to help me. Before i can connect it to my PLC i need to change some parameters in the Scanner, i used the software that comes with the scanner but, when i changed the STX and ETX parameters to STX CR the software simply doesn't reconise the scanner anymore... It seems there is a way to load the default settings using a normal Hyperterminal and a RS232 cable, but i can't seem to connect to the scanner with the Hyperterminal... Sorry my english and my question not so about PLC but.... i don't have any Help from sick about this issue and can't find any forums about this. Thanks.

First off, this should be in the Lounge, since it has nothing to do with Omron! Now, how are you connecting the scanner to your PC? Your should be using some sort of interface, probably a PS-series. They are essentially breakout boxes that make it easier to wire up the scanner, which has an HD15 type connector (same size as serial, but with 15 pins - HD15 = High Density 15). Make sure you have the correct interface, because the wiring has changed from the CLV 410 to the CLV 420 and above. Next, what version of the CLV Setup software are you using? Version 4.3 is available on SICK's website, and I would recommend getting it. That version works with the CLV 410 family, as well as all the new stuff. Plug your scanner into the interface and power it up. Plug the interface into your PC, making sure you use the AUX connection, not the HOST connection. Start up CLV Setup. If the software doesn't auto-detect the scanner, click the handshake icon in the toolbar. That will cause CLV Setup to try every COM port and baud, looking for a scanner. Incidentally, the CLV 410 is an outdated scanner. SICK still manufacturers and supports it to a certain extent, but they really only keep it available for spares and replacements. I wouldn't be surprised if they take it off the market before too much longer. The CLV 420 is a much more functional unit for a pittance more. In the US, the price difference is about $50. Hope that helps.