Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cobra_Phil

A1N + Proface + MelDDE ?

2 posts in this topic

One of our customers has 40+ machines, each with a Proface Gp2301 connected to the programming port of an A1SJH plc. The Proface only has a single Com port and a mini-din tool port. The Com port is used to communicate to the plc, but the tool port is available. They are wanting to connect a pc to the plc and use MelDDE to track some of the data points. Is there anyway to use both the Proface and MelDDE at the same time? I have not been able to determine if it is possible to use the tool port with MelDDE. There is a 2 port adapter device, GP070-MD11, that I have been trying to determine exactly what it does. Also, Proface has what they call a built-in 2-port adapter that I have been trying to find out information about. Has any dealt with this situation before? Thanks Should be A1SJH plc in the header, not A1N. Edited by Cobra_Phil

There's no way I know of to route through the Proface and into the PLC with MELDDE. You're looking at connecting MELDDE directly to the PLC. And besides, MX Component or MX OPC Server are current offers, while MELDDE is older technology but still works. If they had use Mitsubishi's GOT family, they could do that with the built in transparent mode function. Add a serial or Ethernet module to the PLC. Best bet.