Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dank06

(Another) PLC to NS Pass Though Question

3 posts in this topic

Just a quick question, I know I read somewhere here (but I can't find it now) that when doing a pass through connection, one needs to use the COM port on the CPU unit to do the pass through successfully. Now, that means the PC must be connected to the CPU COM port or just the PT, or both? (ex, PC on Peripheral and PT on COM?) The way mine is set up is: PT on CPU COM1 then PT on an additional serial module COM 2 and PC on serial module COM 3 (i'm not using the peripheral port) Any help is appreciated.

I Presume you have a CJ or CS1 -PLC? Pass through for NS is only supported by toolbus protocol. As SCU ports do not have the option to set the protocol to toolbus, it is not possible to make NS pass through download. So use peripheral port for the PC. A NS connected to a SCU port can also not be accessed. You have to change your configuration to use the NS pass through download. Harald

Yes, I have a CJ1M PLC. So it looks like I must use the peripheral for the PC and the COM port on the CPU to do the pass through. Thanks :)