Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashinz

download to NS through PLC again

15 posts in this topic

I think this problem was discussed before, but again, I don't know what the problem is. I have CJ1M-CPU13 with ETN21 unit (172.25.0.240 255.255.0.0 set in ETN21 eveything else is default) connected to my company's network (which is also 172.25.x.x of course). NS8 V2 system version 6.61 is connected via Serial A to RS232 port on the CPU unit on NT-LINK 1:N high speed. Now, i connect to PLC using CX-Programmer easily trough ehternet 172.25.0.240. When I want to download program to NS through PLC (set up parameters as Pass through PLC, PC-PLC-NS, Ethernet 172.25.0.240 and NT Link network address 1 unit 0 - going from up to down in the Comms method dialog). when press download it alerts downloading/uploading failed(0006). I tried with changing unit no of NS to 1, fins source and fins destination of ethernet connection with 1 to 1 node 240, 0 to 1 node 240 etc, no luck. then I went downstairs where the NS is and downloaded program with USB cable, NS communicates with PLC. any ides regarding this PC-PLC-NS? Edited by tashinz

Did you try to set a network address to the ethernet network?

Not sure I understand, sorry beeqee. can you be more sprecific?

when you have a network on an Omron PLC you cann work with network 0 (default) But once you start having more networks on the PLC none of the networks can be 0 and you have to give each network a number. If you want to route over networks you even need routing tables. In your case I think just using CXnet and use the routing table tool could solve your problem. You just give a network number to the SIOU number of your ethernet card. Don't forget to chage your fins source and destination address in the comms settings when going online.

heck, still doesn't work. in cx-progremmer i started tools -> network settings, cx-integrator started, go online, chose tools -> start routing table, then in unit 0 (which is my etn21 unit) right click chose insert CPU SIOU and set local network number 1. download to plc. turn off turn on and still the same message appears when download pc-plc-ns . any ideas ?

Hi, ... you can also set the network address for the serial port in the routing table ... I cannot test if this works as I do not have an NS handy at the moment ...

CPU lot number must be 030201 or greater Also check following:

Hi, it is better to set Network number 111 for the serial CPU-Port, if it is connected to port A of the NS. And ECSI is right, do not forget to have Max-NT unit no. set to 1 and not 0 in the PLC serial port settings. Harald

Hi Harald and everyone, It has a lot no. 060602, cpu ver 3.0, etn ver 1.4. a mistake I made before, it's CJ1M-CPU13-ETN but this doesn't change the thing. will try to asign network number to rs232 port, but isn't the whole idea of PC-PLC-NS to avoid setting routing tables and just press download? I did set the max number of unit to 1 in PLC setup of Host link port, since without it NS won't communicate to PLC. is there anyone who had a success with this? just to drive your attention, connection to PLC is ethernet. I have succeded before to do PC-PLC-NS download, when a connection to PLC was to peripherial port, toolbus, without any assigning network numbers etc. any who did manage to download program to ns using PC-(ethernet)-PLC-(NT-Link)-NS ? Edited by tashinz

Yes, I am just downloading. it is "slow" but it works. (Port B disabled at NS) You are right, with a toolbus-connection you don't need routing tables, because the CPU remembers where to send the answer back. With ETN the CPU has to look into the routing table to find the right path. Harald Edited by Harald_Brueck

I've currently got 2 machines that I'm working on and both are on ethernet using ETN21. Inside the CJ1M - cpu23s (ver3) are set routing tables and both are connected to NS12s. My settings are as follows for one of the PLCs. Inside the routing table is Unit0 (ETN21) assigned to network 0 And also Unit252 (PORT) assigned to network 1.....................Or could be Unit253(PRPHL) depending on your connection between PLC and NS On the ETN21 module front dials the node is set to 1 For CX-Designer comms prog Select Pass through PLC Select PC--PLC--NS (1)Comms. Method Select Ethernet, settings = FINS source-Network 0 ______________________ FINS destination- Network 0, Node 1 ______________________ Driver- 172.26.67.xx (2)Comms. Method Select NT Link, settings = Network Address- 1 _____________________ Unit No- 0 Try this it works for me, I've just downloaded more screen data not 5 mins ago and all works well. Hope this helps.

i have made it. here is the thing, just as Harald and benbrad suggested. i set up the routing table as: ETN21 which is unit 0 is network 1 (won't let me set 0). port 252 (host link port) is network 2. in CX-D chose PC-PLC-NS as: (1)Comms. method Ethernet, Fins source 1, fins dest 1 node 240, driver 172.25.0.240 (actual IP address of the PLC) (2)Comms. method NT-Link network address 2 unit 0 press download and it works. many thanx to all for help. i have expected no setting will be necessary as with toolbus, but this was no hurt too. downloading is slow but much faster than to running downstars all the time. regards to all Edited by tashinz

Hi All, My first post here since reading this forum and learning almost everything I need to learn for almost 2 years now ... I would like to pass through program a NS5 terminal over the internet, I've got everything set up right to do local pass through programming and also remote (over internet) programming/monitoring of the PLC. As i said local pass through programming works but via internet it doesn't. my set up is as follows: CJ1M CPU11 ETN21; ETN21 = unit no 0 is on network no 2 Serial port as suggested above is on Network no2 routing tables are set up right (I can acces plc over internet) NS5 : serial port A NTlink 1:N , unit no 0 , Comm. Speed High. I have two dsl connections here so testing is easy. Please advise when more info is needed or when my question not unterstood. Grtz Tony By the way , thanx for the great info here..

Did you try a local pass-through ? I couldn't make that up from your post. Before I would attempt to pass through remotely by internet, I would at least try it locally. Nevermind. Anyway, verify your Transfer settings in CX-Designer with the pictures in this download.

You must do this :
- NS: Set the NS Unit number to 1 in the comm tab, and write to memory and restart the NS;
- PLC: Settings, Host Link Port, Custom, 115200, mode NT Link (1:N), NT/PC Link MAx to 1;
- PLC: IO Table and Unit Setup, CJ1W-ETN21, IP Router Table add 0.0.0.0 with your Gateway, example 0.0.0.0 -> 10.1.0.1 (my gateway is 10.1.0.1);
- PLC: IO Table and Unit Setup, CJ1W-ETN21, IP Address Table add your PC node and address;
- PLC: CX-Integrator, add routing table, (SIOU 0 onto LAN 1) and (SIOU 252 onto LAN 2);
- CX-Designer: Comm Setting, Serial port to PLC, TYpe to SYSMAC-PLC, Protocol to NT Link (1:N), Comm. speed to High-Speed, Nt Link Unit No. to 1;
- CX-Designer: Comm Method, Pass through PLC, PC-PLC-NS, Set Ethernet parameters using network to 1, node number of the PC;
- CX-Designer: Comm Method, Pass through PLC, PC-PLC-NS, Set NT Link to network 2 unit 1;