Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitplc

A1SJ71UC24-R2

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, I want to add a printer function to my A1S CPU, and somebody told me that I can use A1SJ71UC24-R2 to link to my printer to print out my data, is it true? If true, is it very difficult to do the programming? Thanks

Well if you have a serial printer, that might be an option. if you have a parallel or USB printer, you're stuck. I don't know if that module supports ASCII output for a printer. Might want to have a go at the manuals on www.meau.com and see what the options are with that card. I do know it's an RS232 serial communications module.

If you have printer with parallel interface, you should be able to use converter RS232<>LPT. Many industrial printers will have RS232 interface (printing labels etc.). Communication is not for fainthearted...

hi there, is that mean that if my printer is RS232 interface, then I can use this module A1SJ71UC24-R2 to print the data to my printer? Is there any special protocol need to be caution?

Yes, this module does have RS232 interface and you should be able to communicate with any RS232 device, as long as both can be configured to use same port settings... transfered data is either straight ASCII or binary and messages are something that both sides should handle. RS232 printers I've used or seen being used all support ASCII commands to communicate which is easy enough (search older posts, this was discussed before). if you have printer, connect it to RS232 port of your PC, open some type of terminal emulator (HyperTerminal is part of Windows for example but there are many other programs too) and try to send some commands (look them up in the printer manual). if that works, you know for sure that PLC can do it too AND what needs to be sent. make sure that you use proper port settings (baud rate, parity, stop bits etc. must be same on both ends...). Mitsubishi manuals (including ones for this card) are on www.meau.com or direct links: IB(NA)66490-C 227.46KB A1SJ71C24R2 A1SJ71UC24R2 A1SJ71C24PRF A1SJ71UC24PRF Computer Link Module Users Manual (Hardware) IB(NA)66583-B 3.73MB AJ71UC24S2 A1SJ71UC24R2S2 A1SJ71UC24R4S2 Users Manual IB(NA)66889-A 2.14MB Type SW2D5F-CSKP-E Basic Communication Support Tool Programming Manual SH(NA)3511-L 21.15MB Computer Link Module (Com link func_Print Func) Users Manual