Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlasticsDude

Can't get inputs to work on CPU224XP

9 posts in this topic

This seems really stupid and boring, but I connected a toggle switch between L+ and E0.0 but when I made a simple program telling Q0.0 to close when E0.0 goes high, it doesn't work. But when I tell Q0.0 to close when E0.0 is low, Q0.0 does light...what could I possibly be doing wrong?

nesamone.pdf Why E0.0?

Inputs are I0.0, not E0.0.

Please post your code, then maybe we can help.

Inputs can be seen in MicroWin as E's rather than I's if the Mnemonic Set is set on SIMATIC, but this would mean the outputs are seen as A's rather than Q's I believe E is EIN (IN) and A is AUS (OUT) Edited by 504bloke

Hi The inputs are as Crossbow mentioned on a previous post are I0.0 and the outputs are Q0.0. The E and A I think I have seen on German langauge software. Rodney

What does "L" and "M" stand for on these units anyway? I know that M is common and L is "hot" but wonder what the translation is...

I have microwin bought in the Uk and if you go to Tools > Options > General Tab then you can change the Mnemonic Set to SIMATIC as i stated earlier this then defaults to German which is E for Inputs and A for Outputs. The Picture i posted is from a UK MicroWin!

please check the instructions ,you are writing in ladder i think you are using the inverter between the E(I) 0.0 and A(Q)0.0 otherwise there seems no problum to happen so. E(eingabe)used for inputs which is I in english & A(ausgabe) as output which is Q in english. and these terms are used in SIEMENS simatic software. regards sohail Edited by sohail0110