Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deke2006

Cables, Cables, Cables, and more Cables

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Programming cable for the Microview Panel(2707-NC8), and I was wondering if could use the same cable for the Panelview 300 Micro? Thanks, Deke2006

I believe the 300 Micro uses the same cable as the Micrologix PLC's Download the cable cross reference: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=372

Maybe, see PDFs 2707NC8.pdf Micro300Cables.pdf

Yes, the 2702-NC8 cable is identical pinout to the 1761-CBL-PM02. the only difference is the PM02 has a 90deg plug.

Yes ,the 300 Micro uses the same cable as MLX1200 for example

Well I have now tried both cables without any success (2707-NC8 & 1761-CBL-PM02) So obivously I'm doing something wrong I pressed both left & right arrow keys to enter the 300's setup mode, I checked the baud rate which is set at 19200, the node is set at 2, and the max node is set at 2 I'm using panelbuilder32 trying to upload screens so that I can edit them as they're currenlty in French. RSLinx Lite loads up automatically, I only have one driver configured AB_DF1-1 DH485, with the following configuration; Comm Port: COM1 Device: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView Baud Rate: 19200 Station Number: 00 Parity: None Error Checking: CRC Stop Bits: 1 Protocol: Full Duplex Any suggestion? Thanks. Deke2006

Can you see the PV in RSLinx. If not what happens when you click on autoconfigue? What is the part no. of your PV?

The PV does not show, only my laptop does. Autoconfigure fails! Part# 2711-M3A19L1 Deke

You PV uses DH485 protocol. Therefore you must use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. You must have a real serial port to use this driver. Delete the DF1 driver. Shut down RSLinx then restart and configue the 1747-PIC/AIC+ diver. If Rslinx is running as a service stop it and start it manually.

Thanks Mikey Confusing, why don't they say DH485 for that driver? Thanks to everyone else for your help, now the rest is all up to me on how I translate French to English.

Youe welcome. Thats Mickey not Mikey ( thoes are fighting words) I hope its real French not the Canadian verison. ( my bother-in-law is French Canadian)