Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mopos

CX-One updates nonsense

5 posts in this topic

Hey, So I've just used Omron's ftp download and the autoupdater to get my CX-One software up to date. I go to remove/add programs and I see this: I mean, what the hell? I wonder why someone distributing software don't fix stuff like this before it's released.

How about translating the above?

I think mopos is referring to all the installers for the "patch upon patch" syndrome...

Sure this is a problem. this whole patch process is a pain. omron should work on it and as I know they've already recognized this problem and they are planning to change the patch process. regards.

I have addressed this issue in another thread. At least you can get updates and fixes and when one considers how much work is being done on CX-One the updates are not surpising and are gratefully received. It should also be noted that as new products are added to the range, updates become necessary to add them to CX-One. I am sure we are all glad to see many of the new products and should not complain when Omron release an update to include the new products. For example, I have ordered a heap of CompoNet gear and have to use the separate configurator. It was noted on this site that Omron plan to include this configurator in the next version of CX-One. That will mean plenty of updates for sure as new products come on line. And then there will be Ethernet I/P products as well. I can see that we can look forward to plenty of these types of updates in the future. Absolutely no complaints about that. At least we do not get lots of firmware updates for fixes to PLCs.