Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Welcome to mrplc.com

27 posts in this topic

Welcome to MrPLC.com I hope you can use these forums and PLC examples submitted from all the web users to help you do your work better. If you have a problem with the website please post any bugs or problems here, or if you have a suggestion, I will see what I can do to fix the problem or add the suggestion. Thanks, Chris  :D

I'm a regular on three other boards, it seems like this one might be overkill as it doesn't have a running start or an evident sponsor.  But then, maybe it won't be overrun with students in Indian electronics classes or with Linux fanatics. But hey, I'll drop this address with other guys as a place to go as well.  Especially when the phones are as slow as they are today.....

I like to hear the words OVERKILL...you can never overkill anything when it comes to automation. I thought it would be nice to break up the forums so that everyone who didn't want to know about Omron PLC's didn't have to look at that stuff. I hope you come back. I need some good people and looking for some MODERATORS to take control of sections. Thanks! :D Oh an I was going to say...I am not a LINUX freak, but I like to play. I still use Windows 2000...lol....

I am assuming that with this, my fifth post, I will now have 2 stars under my username!!!!!!

and at 10...you will get 3 and at 50...you will get 4 and at 100...you will get 5 and at 500...you will get 6 and so on and so on.... ;)

Also some of you might not know, but you can go to your CONTROL PANEL near the top of the screen by your login name, and link your own AVATOR or picture to appear like mine, or pick one of the default ones. You can also have a SIGNATURE file for your name so you don't have to retype it every time. And those that are FLASH savy...well you can post FLASH on this board in both your SIG and in the board.... Check out your control panel OPTIONS...they are helpful. :D You can also TRACK topics so that they are e-mailed to you rather than you visiting the board every day. Quite helpful sometimes.

I just want you to know ED, we are running an advert on most all search engines. See if you can figure out which ones...Hint: We are not found using the keywords "MrPLC" either...we are using other keywords "allen bradley plc" etc...

So far so good, this forum still has a long way to go but as more automationists see the light and join it will develop. The only thing that I found that bugs me is the way every time you post or modify anything you get the silly banner with the "click here if you don't want to wait" Is there any reason for it because personnally if there isn't i'd dump it !!

Chris, Mostly just to refresh the page and update the database. I am using MYSQL database, which is a plus for MASSIVE amounts of data and messages, but it's alittle bit slower than a TEXT database. So I am sorry, I need the "REFRESH" screen to update your viewable post. Thanks for your feedback, any other comments are very welcome. Also this website is only ONE MONTH old, not doing too bad so far, we are averaging one new member a day. Stuff like this takes time, if you have or know co workers, please feel free to use the REFER a FRIEND at the bottom of the main forum screen to let them know about MrPLC.com. Also if this goes for anyone, if you'd like to see a forum added, please ask. Or if you have an area of expertise and would like to moderate a section of MrPLC just let us know.

Thanks for the explanation. Keep up the good work and I can see your logic in using a system that can cope with large amounts of data as i'm sure this site will become very successful . Best Regards Chris

Hi, my name is Ken, and I'm a PLC addict. (chorus: Hi, Ken ! ) And this morning, I mean it's Sunday morning and the first thing I do is crack open a beer and hit the PLC boards, and MrPLC.COM has a totally new blue powered-by-InVision look ! Whoah ! Is this a totally new system ? Or a new look on the old one ? I use some UBB boards that I think are keen, and some corporate ones that are dog slow, and one moderated one that sucks hind, but I think I like this new look !

Hopefully we did not disappoint you too bad by changing the "skin" to our site colors. The Invisioin default colors looked pretty kewl. But doesn't Teal look better? This is a totally new board and software. We are hoping it is better and mostly bug free. It's PHP based, so it should be screaming on load times. If anyone has any trouble, please let me know.

Why some times i cant download files like demo software from this site. What i should do? Some times i read warning like no permit to download. Thanks

Great Site - Sorry it took Rockwell closing theirs for me to move here. Is there any way you can make the search smarter. Rather than saying search error if the search was valid and just returned no results can't it say that?

You know you have to be logged in to download files ? Also if you use cookie cleaners or other cleaner tools you should log in again. Myself I use CCleaner, an excellent freeware tool to keep the system clean, but above all I love it because it lets you select cookies you want to keep. So I never have to log in at my favorite sites.
1 person likes this

Guest_Ren Roach? And I thought I was bad

Just A feather in the prop TW.

What do you mean?

Just a late night play on words - Propellor Head - Feather the Prop - Feather in your cap. Now that I dwell on it it is a little lame. Blame it on derby madness here in River City.

Oh yea, I forgot the Propeller Head

And when it changes to whatever is next, Jet ??? or something else - no one will get the propeller head reference.

At the rate you are going it won't be long you will be over 1000 too

Just Practicing Hezekiah 1:1 - "Blessed is he who tooteth his own horn" - LOL LOL