Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koopman

:wacko:Help Omron modbus ControlTechniques drive

5 posts in this topic

I need help. Is there anybody who has made communication to an ControlTechniques SK inverter drive with rs485, modbus? are there any example programs? What kind of protocol do I have to use? I'm now programming with Omron Plc and drives for about 4 months now, and i'm not very good at it, but it works. And now they gave me an new challange, an Omron plc with controltechniques drive. Whitch I no nothing about I'm using an CJ1M Plc with SCU41-V1 for modbus communication. I hope someone can help Regards, M Koopman

There are a number of programming examples in the Omron PLC Download section of this website that should give you a good start in implementing your application. For the complete Modbus RTU specification info got to http://www.modbus.org/ Edited by BITS N BYTES

Using CX-protcol download the modbus master protcol... get the Modbus Protocl from the omron download section.

thanks I've got the modbus protocol already in the SCU, the problem is: I don't know how to make the ladder diagram (with the pmcr instruction) What do i have to write (send) to the inverter.

Attached is the Modbus master protocol for Omron drives including DUTCH manual. You would need to know which commands your drive supports, so some Modbus documentation of the drive is required. Following I think you would need to modify the protocol using CX-Protocol to match the drives commands. Then you should be able to execute the PCMR instructions as briefly explained in the manual. Just my assumption, I have no experience in modifying protocols myself. Another method would be to drive the SCU port directly from the ladder logic. In this case you would need to modify existing Modbus ladder logic like Bob's to match your requirements. ModBus_Hostlink_3.0.rar