Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pabeader

Panelview Plus Network Logon?

7 posts in this topic

I am having trouble getting a panelview plus to logon to our MS network. I have checked out the AB site as best I can and the only advice I could find is to set up the username and password in the terminal settings of the panelview. I tried this and it still pops up a login screen. The problem is there is no keyboard to type in the password. If I plug in a keyboard temporaraly, I can get it login and as long as the power is on it works fine. The first time I cycle power though, I have to login again. What I don't understand is I am using the same username and password in the network setup area of the panelview that I am in the login box that pops up. Hope that is enough info to get folks started. Thanks

I'm assuming you have a closed terminal instead of an opened one (VersaView CE). When the logon dialog popped up again, check the "Update Default Credentials" checkbox. This should do the trick.

That was the first thing I tried. It works fine until I cycle power. Once I cycle power it requires a password. Once I enter it once, it's fine 'til the power gets cycled again.

This is strange. I tried it on my box and it worked. Checking the checkbox should save the credentials in the system. In a VersaView CE, for example, the credentials would be saved under Control Panel -> Owner -> Network ID. call Rockwell Tech Support? Edited by Nagli Scripalli

Is this a Windows 2003 Server acting as the Domain Controller, or a Windows 2000 Server ? What model and firmware of PV+ terminal are you using ? It mostly matters because of the different Windows CE revisions that have been rolled up with PV+ firmware and their various capabilities with regards to Windows authentication. How long is your username and password ? I remember reading about an issue where 14 characters is the username limit, but I'd have to look up the details. Is this login for printing purposes, or for user management purposes ? If you're logging in to use a printer, you need to set up the network path in the Terminal Settings -> Print Setup -> Display Print Setup section as well as setting up the user credentials in Terminal Settings -> Networks and Communications -> Network Connections -> Network Identification. Edited by Ken Roach