gorichan

# and & symbol in CX-Programmer

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I just want to know what is the meaning of these following symbols # = ? & = ? Is it Binary, Hex, BCD, Decimal or what? Those symbols are assigned in CX-Programmer for CMP(20) instruction purpose.Im using PLC CQM1H type. And Im comparing analog input with certain constant value. Cheers

Hello gorichan, # represents a Hex value, & represents a Decimal value. I.e. #10 = &16. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Hello anonymous Thanks. Of course that helps!! Thanks again.

# is also used for BCD. If your #-constant is interpreted as hex or BCD is context-dependant - basically, some instructions interpret their parameters as hex, some as BCD, and some work with both as long as you stick to one type(example: CMP). There's no difference how hex vs BCD is stored in the PLC memory, so the only way to know the content of the word is from the symbols and/or the code.

ohh. I see. But my constant, I set it with & because the analog input that CMP(20) reads (as default) as &. Its range from &0 up to &2047. How I want to make CMP(20) reads the analog input as # instead?

use BCD instruction of course

Do something like this in ladder BCD (ANALOG INPUT ADRESS) D100 The analog input is now stored on D100 as a BCD value. If you ant to convert that input fot a value in BCD, but with another scale do as the follow: MOV &0 D200 MOV #0 D201 MOV &2047 D202 MOV #500 D203 SCL (Analog input adress) D200 D300 The analog input is now stored as a BCD value coming from 0 to 500