Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
automatt

Convert GX Developer to IEC

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been using GX-Developer for many years and am currently on version 8.30. I've been sent a demo CD for GX IEC Developer which I've now installed and am playing around with. Is is possible to convert a project written with GX Developer into IEC developer retaining the ladder format. I can only seem to import into Instruction Iist, and if you change that to ladder the whole POU body gets cleared. Thanks, Matt.

Yes, there is a tool available, called GX Converter. With this tool you can convert Melsec Medoc, GX Developer direct into GX IEC Developer. There is a very good manual deliverd with this tool.

GX Converter can convert to IEC Developer? Never seen that option.

It's a small software package which will convert IL to Ladder for IEC Developer. In GX IEC you can make a Melsec IL POU from there you can import a melsec medoc or GX Developer project. Export this POU into an ASCII FIle and convert this via the Tool. After that just import the new ASCII. Now you have the project in Ladder with all statements etc. You still have some work to do but not much.

Thanks for the replies, but I think I must be missing something here. I've installed GX-Converter from the IEC CD, but all I can find is an extra option within GX-Developer (not IEC) to export the program to either TEXT or CSV format. Is this the correct version of GX-Converter? Thanks.

OK, I've found the program on the Beijers Web Site, it's called 'MELSEC IL to IEC Ladder Conversion Utility' . Here's the link http://www.beijer.se/web/web_aut_se.nsf/Al...1256FE10040130A .

The program is on the GX IEC disk. Its in a zipped folder called IL_LD Converter. You can extract to your hard drive and run the utility. There is an instruction manual and an Excel file with a macro which you need to convert the device comments from GX Dev to IEC format. It does work but its a bit fiddly. Comments beginning with numbers are rejected.